Above is one of the posters for August
Dear Prayer Warrior,
We thank our God every time we think of you, <<First Name>>. Whenever we pray for you, we always pray with joy, because you have shared in this ministry of proclaiming the good news from the first day until now. Thank you! Truly, the ministry we do here is limited by and empowered by your prayers. And so we want to give you a small update and ask for some targeted prayers.
First, thank you for continuing to pray for NaRi. She is continuing to fight for her life.
Second, after covid, the Chiang Mai Church of the Nazarene is struggling. Folks got out of the habit of coming to church and now that things have reopened, they still don't come consistently. We need God to rekindle a fire in the heart of this church.
Pastor Siripawn usually gives topical sermons each week and due to having the services online using the free Zoom during covid, the whole service had to be done within 40 minutes. Steve has challenged her to try doing something different - a month-long sermon series on one book of the Bible. She liked this idea so in August, we will be studying the book of Philippians.
Steve will preach on August 7 on chapter 1. We want to get people into the Word of God as much as possible. So we are planning memory verses for each week, posters, even a quiz with small prizes to keep things fun. We will encourage everyone to read or listen to at least one chapter each day for the month- to soak in God’s word and to practice seeking and listening to God and then obeying whatever He says. We hope to use social media to engage people during the week, to encourage people to interact with Jesus on a personal level daily. There is an idea here that if we just come to church, we will be saved. But there is so much more they could be experiencing.
Will you join us in praying for the church for the month of August? We really need a victory! Please pray:
1) ask God to begin preparing the hearts of the leaders and church attenders even this week
2) for Steve as he preaches on August 7
3) that people will become hungry to know God and participate daily
4) that we, as a group and individuals, will hear from God and that our love for God and each other will grow, spilling over into action
5) for a greater sense of community and unity (this displays God’s glory and character to the world around us)
6) for protection from the enemy’s attacks and attempts to divide and distract
7) that God will guide the leaders to know what He wants us to be doing and if there is anything we need to tweak as we go
Thank you again for standing with us in prayer, <<First Name>>! It means so much to us, knowing that we are not alone and that you are standing with us. Feel free to print out the above requests or the below photos to use during your prayer times. And as always, please let us know if there is anything specific we can be praying about for you.
Steve and Rebecca