Derbyshire Recovery and Peer Support Service are working hard to create a collective of mental health and wellbeing support and provision across Derbyshire and Derby City to highlight on an easily accessible interactive map. If you would like your service, organisation or group to be visible on the map, then please fill in the proforma
and return completed to the address provided. Once a proforma is submitted, you will receive a quarterly prompt with the proforma attached to ensure they have the most up to date details for your map submission.
If you would like more information about the map, please get in touch with Derbyshire Recovery and Peer Support Service on email@example.com
or 01773 734989
Cat Village North
(CVN) offer outreach and groups around Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) and have been offering services for 6 years in the Derbyshire area and 8 years total. The groups CVN have to offer are available for free and they are fully insured to offer these services. The services that on offer that use AAT are as follows:
- Coffee, cats and chats mental health support group - For with Anxiety, Depression, social anxiety, PTSD, OCD and other forms of mental health.
- Children with SEND group
- Over 60's to combat loneliness and isolation club
- 121 bereavement support.
- Stress management
- Cancer support
- External AAT (Visits to hospitals, care homes, surgeries etc. with up to 7 trained therapy cats)
In addition to these AAT focused groups CVN also offer the following groups outside of AAT:
- Exercise for mental health (with trained personal trainer and fitness consultant in our small gym)
- Gamers groups for socialisation
- Employability help.
- Call and talk support telephone line and email service.
All these services are free of charge. CVN external services can extend out up to a 45 minute drive radius from the main office (2
08- 210 North Wingfield Road, Chesterfield S42 5ED).
Cat Village North - Cafe/ Animal Therapy/ Rescues/Support Groups
208- 210 North Wingfield Road, Chesterfield S42 5ED
Tel - 01246 857720