- Yearbooks: Order a Yearbook for your student(s) at TreeRing,com
Get an additional 5% off purchases made by October 31. See the flyer at the bottom for more details.
- Spiritwear - Most Spiritwear orders from the website have been received & sorted. Orders will go home with students between October 12-15.
- If you want more Spiritwear, we still have some inventory! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order anything more. These would make great holiday gifts!
- Fall mini-photo shoot photos from the 10/1 Pumpkin Sale were sent out via email on Saturday 10/2. If you have any questions or did not receive yours, please email email@example.com"
- October 6 - October 21: Charleston Wrap will be for sale this year through October 21! Catalogs and info sheets came home with your students on Friday (10/8) and included the flyer below.
MAP Parent Reports
The fall administration of Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) for 2nd-8th grade students and MAP for Primary Grades (MPG) for 1st grade students has ended. Student reports will be backpacked home on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Our District uses the data from this assessment in a variety of ways. In the classroom, it provides teachers with a means for monitoring student growth in reading and mathematics over time. At the District and building levels, MAP data help us set goals and evaluate initiatives. Finally, in conjunction with other criteria, MAP scores are considered when providing intervention and in course placement decisions.
If you have specific questions pertaining to your child’s growth and achievement, it is recommended that you first contact his/her classroom teacher. If you would like more information about NWEA MAP, please visit the family toolkit at https://www.nwea.org/parent-toolkit/.
Weekly Surveillance Testing SignUp (Optional)
The District is offering optional weekly surveillance testing to students or staff who are interested. The test is a nasal swab PCR test provided by Loop Medical. There is no cost to families, staff, or the District for this test.
- Student Signup: If you would like to sign up your student for weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing, log in to Skyward, select the Forms tab, and check the permissions box. A new signup is required for this year, even if you signed up last year (just click to edit the form within Skyward to update it).
Please Note: This is not meant to be a comprehensive list - just the key highlights from the school and district.
** Monday, October 11: Holiday, NO Student Attendance
Save the Dates!
- October 21 - MOM'S NIGHT OUT! Block off your evening from 6-8 pm for a fun night out in Burr Ridge at the great clothing and accessories store Evereve for a private shopping event. 15% of proceeds will be donated to the Elm School PTO! Light snacks & drinks provided. See invite below & please RSVP via the Sign Up Genius below.
Fall Spirit Week at Elm:
Upcoming SPECIAL LUNCH DATES:
Oct 28- Panera (Order by noon on 10/20)
November 11- Meatheads (Order by noon on 11/3)
November 18 Firehouse (Order by noon on 11/10)
December 2- Sarpinos (Order by noon on 11/24)
December 16- Panera (Order by noon on 12/8)
- Friday, November 5: Institute Day, NO Student Attendance
Elm School and District News
Battle of the Books:
If your child is interested in participating in Battle of the Books this year, please return the green permission slip found in the Friday Folder by Thursday, October 28th. Please note that meetings will be held on Thursday mornings from 7:50-8:30 AM in the library, beginning November 2nd. See the flyers below for complete details! Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From District 181: We're recognizing National School Bus Safety Week this week to promote the importance of school bus safety in our community. This year's National School Bus Safety Week student poster focuses on the importance of knowing the "danger zone." For more safety tips, click here.
District 86 & Parent Teacher Network Presents:
Transition Into High School For families & Students with IEP or 504 PLANS
BAND and ORCHESTRA INFO FOR 5th Grade Parents:
To 5th grade parents,
Hey Mom and Dad, can I join band or orchestra?
If this sounds familiar, follow the steps below to learn more about the instrumental music programs and how to register for band or orchestra.
- Students watched this video in music class about the D181 instrumental music programs: tinyurl.com/d181bandorchestra
- Then, they saw this video: tinyurl.com/D181instrumentdemo of our Middle School students demonstrating the individual instruments.
- Next, each student had an individual interview with the band and orchestra director to try several instruments. We start with the students’ preference, but also check physical characteristics, which plays an important role in determining success on an instrument.
- After you receive the instrument recommendation certificate - you can register online by clicking on this link: tinyurl.com/instrumentreg2021 - the deadline is Friday, October 15th.
- Then make instrument rental arrangements with Quinlan & Fabish: qandf.com or procure an instrument, accessories & music on your own. Please be sure to stay with our recommended brands & supplies: 2021recommendedbrands
- Contact us with any questions: Band: Laura Stibich - Lstibich@d181.org; Orchestra: Meghann Talbot - email@example.com
COLUMBUS DAY - Family Mini-Golf Event:
Come mini-golfing at Lost Adventure Mini Golf in Woodridge and support Elm School PTO! On Monday 10/11, a portion of each golfer’s proceeds will be donated back to Elm School PTO. All you have to do is show the flyer below on your phone or printed out! Thanks and we hope you'll join us!
PTO Fundraising: Do you have experience with an Auction or similar event? Maybe no experience (yet) but want to be on a committee to help raise money for Elm? How about just a reason to get to know fellow Elm parents? We need volunteers!! If you are interested in helping plan/prep or work at an event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking for many positions to fill, so there is something that can fit your preference; any help is appreciated!
Sign-Ups for School Activities
NONE at this time.