February's Notes and News Newsletter and Branch Mailout
Click on the links below to access the latest news for this upcoming month:
In Other News:
- Notes and News - PEIWI's monthly newsletter of upcoming events.
- How to write a resolution - Be sure to follow this format if your district area is writing a resolution at your District Conventions.
- Taking Care of Women's Business - 28 Day Campaign - is officially kicked off for the month of February! PEIWI hopes your Branch participates and has fun organizing your collections of feminine hygiene products in February. Send pictures of your group and collections to the WI office! Be sure to follow and share the campaign page on Facebook. Collections can be dropped off to any Murphy's Pharmacy, Souris Pharmasave or the WI Office. (Murphy’s will match all Atoma brand donations once again this year - up to the value of $400)!
- Founder's Month Celebrations - Fun Fact - Founder's Day is now referred to as Founder's Month, and will be celebrated this year on Wednesday, February 12 (Storm date, February 13) at the Milton Community Hall starting at 1:00pm. The founding of Women's Institute is celebrated across Canada throughout the month of February.
- 1pm Opening Remarks
- Emergency Preparedness – Mitchell Myers
- Round About Session – Lance Campbell, Highway Safety
- Mindfulness Session – Great Wisdom Buddhist Nuns
- 4:15 pm Open House Reception – Greetings & Light Refreshments
- Registrations Deadline: February 7.
- Computers - we ran out of space to list the computer notice in Notes and News! However computers are available once again from the Computers For Success program by calling 902-620-3226 or by email at email@example.com - and please coordinate your requests with only one caller per branch. Also please note there may be some delay due to incoming volume of requests and their office is in the midst of moving locations within 40 Enman Crescent.
- Spring Is in the Air Gala Dinner - don't miss this year's Gala dinner in the Georgian Room of the Rodd Charlottetown on Friday, April 24th. Tickets are only $75 with proceeds in support of a Radiation CT Simulator for the Cancer Treatment Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Tickets are available online at Eventbrite, PEIWI Board Members or the WI Office. Deadline for donations and ticket sales is April 3.
- 2020 Handguide for the Handcraft, Horticulture and Arts Show is now online! Hardcopy coming soon.
- Volunteers are needed for Canadian Ag Literacy Month (click on this link to volunteer) - Teachers, farmers & agricultural representatives are needed to celebrate Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (CALM) in March. Classroom visits are being coordinated with volunteers throughout the month of March to help students learn, connect and understand agriculture.
- Children's Art Workshop for Children with Marie Kenny Only a few spots remain! Marie Kenny will be teaching a one-day Art Workshop on Tuesday, March 17th for children between the ages of 8 and 10. The workshop will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Royalty Centre. Space is limited to 15 participants. Cost is only $10. For more information, or to register for the workshop, please contact the WI office at 902-368-4860. Deadline to register March 2.
Upcoming Scholarships and Award Deadlines!
- Erland Lee Award of Appreciation - Deadline March 1, 2020
- Golden Book of Recognition - Deadline March 31, 2020
- Adelaide Hoodless Award of Honour (previous Board member for 2020) - Deadline March 31, 2020