January's Notes and News Newsletter and Branch Mailout
Click on the links below to access the latest news for this upcoming month:
In Other News - UPDATE
In anticipation of the weather forecast for January 1, 2019, the PEI WI Levee scheduled at the Farm Centre is cancelled.
The provincial Board and staff wish you a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year.
- Founder's Day Celebrations - Founder's Day will be celebrated on Wednesday, February 13 at the Farm Centre, 420 University Avenue starting at 1:30 pm.
- 1: 30pm Registration
- Phil McCabe, Vesey Seeds – Container Gardening
- Diane Young – Lennon House
- Dr. Lamont Sweet – Opiate Addictions
- Kimberly Davey, At Your Service Creations – Cookie Decorating (hands on!)
- 4:30-5:30pm Open House Reception
- 5:30pm Results of WI Cooking Contest
- Registrations Deadline: February 7. (Early registration is encouraged to ensure cookie supplies!)
- Taking Care of Business - Period. 28 Day Campaign - the campaign to collect feminine hygiene products is scheduled for February! Get your branch, friends, or just gave yourself collect feminine hygiene products for next month. Take a picture when you drop off to any Murphys Pharmacy, MainStreet Pharmasave in Souris or to the WI office and we'll feature it Facebook to challenge others! Details here!
Upcoming Scholarships and Award Deadlines!
- Erland Lee Award of Appreciation - Deadline March 1, 2019
- Women in Agriculture Award - March 31, 2019
- Adelaide Hoodless Award of Honour - Deadline March 31, 2019
- Golden Book of Recognition - Deadline March 31, 2019
The PEI WI Board and Staff wish you a very Happy New Year!