February's Notes and News Newsletter and Branch Mailout
Click on the links below to access the latest news for this upcoming month:
In Other News:
Founder's Day Celebrations - Founder's Day will be celebrated on Wednesday, February 13 at the Farm Centre starting at 1:30pm with registration.
- Opening Remarks
- Bill McCabe – Container Gardens, Veseys Seeds
- Diane Young – Lennon House
- Dr. Lamont Sweet, Opiate Addictions
- Kimberly Davey, At your Service Creations - Hands on Cookie Decorating
- Closing Remarks
- Open House Reception – Greetings & Awards Presentation of WI Cooking Contest
- Registrations Deadline: February 7. (Early registration is encouraged to ensure art supplies!)
- District Conventions Best wishes are sent from the PEIWI Board for your District Conventions. As a last reminder, deadline for reports to Provincial Conveners is March 15 - addresses can be found in the back of the latest Institute News or if your district was not included please contact the WI office.
- 2019 Handguide for the Handcraft, Horticulture and Arts Show is now online! Hardcopy coming soon.
*PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Survey
The PEI Department of Agriculture and Fisheries has initiated a Gender Inclusion Project to better understand barriers to increase gender inclusion in the agriculture, fisheries and aquaculture industries in PEI. Please note: The deadline to complete this survey has been extended to January 31, 2019 at midnight. Survey Link.
Upcoming Scholarships and Award Deadlines!
- Erland Lee Award of Appreciation - Deadline March 1, 2019
- WI Woman in Agriculture Recognition Award - Deadline March 31, 2019
- Adelaide Hoodless Award of Honour - Deadline March 31, 2019