March's Notes and News Newsletter and Branch Mailout
Click on the links below to access the latest news for this upcoming month:
In Other News:
- Notes and News - PEIWI's monthly newsletter of upcoming events.
- Institute News - PEIWI's quarterly newsletter of past events.
- Gala Dinner - tickets are now available from Board Members and the WI office for the 20th Spring Is in the Air Gala Dinner being held on Friday, April 24 in the Georgian Ballroom at the Rodd Charlottetown. Proceeds in support of a Radiation CT Simulator for the Cancer Treatment Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Donated items can be accepted up until Friday, April 3 at the WI office.
- The PEIWI Board invites you to attend the provincial convention being held at Central Queens United Church on Saturday, May 23, 2020. There will be a roast beef lunch, and a session on diversity and inclusion on welcoming newcomers to your community. Registration deadline is May 1, and more details will be announced in April's Notes and News.
Children's Art Workshop for Children with Marie Kenny
- The one-day Art Workshop with Marie Kenny on Tuesday, March 17th is now full. If you wish to add your child to the waiting list, please contact 902-368-4860.
WI Board invites you to Walk the World on April 29
- To highlight the efforts ACWW does globally, the PEIWI Board of Directors is hosting a walk for any WI members and friends who would like to join in. The meeting location will be a part of the Diversity and Inclusion session held in Summerside at Summerside Boys and Girls Club. Contact Carol Jenkins at 902-367-4738 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. No registration required.
- Every year, people worldwide celebrate ACWW’s international network by joining together to walk the world. The aim is to raise awareness for the activities of the Associated Country Women of the World, which works to improve the standard of living for rural women and their families globally. All WI members are encouraged to get out and walk on that day.
- Should your branch wish to organize an event a poster is available for your branch's use if you would like to share a walking activity in your community.
Welcoming Newcomers to your Community
- The Women’s Institute of Prince Edward Island in partnership with the PEI Association of Newcomers to Canada is hosting two public information sessions with guest speaker Lisa Dollar on welcoming and including newcomers in your community. These interactive sessions will be held at the Summerside Boys and Girls Club, 106 Cedar Street in Summerside on Thursday, April 29, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. and at Vernon River Hall (St. Joachim Parish hall) on Monday, May 4 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Refreshments will be provided. To register and for further information please contact PEIWI President Carol Jenkins at 902-367-4738 or email@example.com.
In Branch News
Meadow Bank WI
will be holding a Spring Fling decorating event with Alan Preston of Hearts and Flowers on Wednesday, April 8th at 7:30 p.m. at Afton Hall. Tickets are $15 are available from WI members, Pam Baglole at 902-566-4834
, JR's Pizza & Dairy Bar, or Wally's Pharmasave.
New Glasgow WI
will be celebrating the 200th anniversary of New Glasgow village with New Glasgow WI's Annual Coffee Party & Fashion Show “Coffee with a Flare”! This event will take place on Saturday, April 25th beginning at 9:15 am at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers (604 Route 258, New Glasgow). For tickets or more information on this event, please contact Jacquie Laird at 902-964-2641 or Elaine Buttimer at 902-626-7165.
Upcoming Scholarships and Award Deadlines!
- Erland Lee Award of Appreciation - Deadline March 1, 2020
- Golden Book of Recognition - Deadline March 31, 2020
- Adelaide Hoodless Award of Honour (previous Board member for 2020) - Deadline March 31, 2020