April's Notes and News Newsletter and Branch Mailout
Click on the links below to access the latest news for this upcoming month:
In Other News:
- Federated Women’s Institute of Prince Edward Island
2019 Provincial Convention
8:00 A.M. Registration
9:00 A.M. Welcome and Official Opening
Business Meeting Begins
Approval of 2018 Minutes
Business Arising from 2018 Minutes
Executive Director’s Report
Entertainment & Guest Speaker
Kool Breeze (Container Gardening)
Treble Makers (Music)
12:15 P.M. Luncheon
Courtesy & Credentials
PEIWI Board invites you to Walk the World on April 29
- To highlight the efforts ACWW does globally, the PEIWI Board of Directors is hosting a walk for any WI members and friends who would like to join in. The meeting location will be the gazebo at Ellis Park, in Hunter River (by Clarence Farm Services near the intersection of Route 2 and Route 13) at 1:30 p.m. on April 29th, rain or shine. Those who are able can walk to the railroad bridge and back again before warming up with tea, coffee, and conversation about ACWW afterwards at the Central Queens United Church Hall (ample parking in both locations). Contact Liz Spangler at 902-964-2295 or email@example.com for more information. No registration required.
- Every year, people worldwide celebrate ACWW’s international network by joining together to walk the world. The aim is to raise awareness for the activities of the Associated Country Women of the World, which works to improve the standard of living for rural women and their families globally. All WI members are encouraged to get out and walk on that day.
- Should your branch wish to organize an event a poster is available for your branch's use if you would like to share a walking activity in your community.
In Branch News
- The North Milton Women's Institute is holding a fundraising prize bingo at the Milton Community Hall at 7:00 p.m. Monday, April 8, (Storm date – Tuesday, April 9).
Funds raised will support community and WI projects. Canteen available. The Milton Community Hall is located at 7 New Glasgow Road-Rte 224, North Milton. If you would like to donate anything for the auction please contact Pauline Smith, Gail Ling or the Milton Community Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All are invited to attend the New Glasgow WI Annual Coffee Party & Fashion Show “Coffee with a Flare”! This event will take place on Saturday, April 27th beginning at 9:30 am at New Glasgow Lobster Suppers (604 Route 258, New Glasgow). For tickets or more information on this event, please contact Jacquie Laird at 902-964-2641 or Elaine Buttimer at 902-626-7165.