The following are highlights of this month's mailed version to branches across our Island:
December's Branch Mailout
Click on the links below to access the latest news for this upcoming month:
In Other News:
- LEVEE! Join the PEIWI Board of Directors for the sixth annual New Year’s Day Levee on January 1st!
Located at the Farm Centre,
420 University Avenue in Charlottetown
January 1, 2019
10:30 a.m. until noon
Hope to see you there!
- YOUTH COOKING CONTEST! PEIWI is hosting its fifth annual cooking contest aimed at intermediate and high school students, and is again sponsored by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. Youth can submit recipes featuring 3 Island agricultural and/or fishery based products. WI members’ families are eligible for this contest!
· Recipes must feature 3 Island agricultural and/or fishery based products
· 4 categories - Appetizer, Soup, Main Dish, Sweets
· Cash prizes (Recipes may be chosen to be featured in Island Schools!)
· Final judging to take place during Founder’s Day on February 13th
Visit PEIWI.ca for forms and details. Deadline to register recipes is December 15th.
In Branch News:
The Wood Islands Women's Institute will hold its annual Christmas Auction on Friday Dec 7th (weather date is Sat Dec 8th) in the WI Hall/Wood Islands Schoolhouse. 822 Trans Canada Hwy Wood Islands. 7 pm. Raffle tickets and draw for great donated prizes. Let us do your holiday baking!
Uigg-Kinross-Grandview WI invites all to their Christmas Carol Sing Song on December 11 at 7 p.m. at the Uigg Community Center.