Yes, I officially booked our return tickets today! The good news is that we are headed back to Manila at the time I'd hoped we'd be able to leave. God has shown His graciousness through so many who have come alongside our family to financially partner with us. Through monthly commitments to give and one-time gifts, we are able to get on the plane in just a few short weeks. Unfortunately, we are not fully funded and we are still praying for God to move in the hearts of those we have met, shared, and done life with this past year. It is an absolute miracle to see how people's hearts have been stirred to partner with us, to feel connected to a State-side community again, and to feel the love, encouragement and prayers of our friends and family here. While we are looking forward to what is to come back in the Philippines, the "leaving" is definitely NOT going to be easy when we get on the plane July 27th.
Daniel finished out Kindergarten on June 19th. The last few weeks were filled with fun activities, including multiple field trips and a kinder family picnic. It was a great year at school, with some amazing friends (for both of us!), a lovely & diverse community, and of course, a lot of learning. While we look forward to school life at Faith Academy, we will look fondly back on the memories from this school year.
Family Camp at Camp Awana ran for its second year and we were so excited for the chance to attend! It was so fun to introduce Daniel to summer camp (he's seen it twice in winter) and to see his wonder when I knew secret shortcuts or information about camp. Since camp is one of my other "homes", it was important to me for Daniel to have a positive camp experience.
The week did not disappoint! Our mornings after breakfast included family worship time, then the kids went off for age-grouped VBS while the adults continued with time in the Word taught by a local pastor. The kids' lessons were on the same theme as the adults, they had a Bible verse to memorize each day, then they finished with some fun activities. There was free-time each afternoon, and organized group activities after dinner. Of course, we had multiple campfires (s'mores!), plus a great band, speaker, and food.
Although the weather was chilly, we still got in some lake time, LOTS of mini-golf, archery, games, and most importantly, time to fellowship with old and new friends. We were blessed to go up with my childhood friend and her son, then were joined at the end of the week by some of our school friends. All in all, it was a pretty great week!
Over the past few months I've been helping out with various babysitting opportunities, particularly with my Park Community family. These are just a few of the gorgeous kiddos I've been able to play with while their mamas are in a weekly Bible study. Being here for nearly a year means I've seen the teeny-tinies become toddlers...so much change and so fun to be here for it! I will definitely miss these littles when I return!
It's easy to give!
Simply click on the button below, then decide if you want to give a one-time gift or make a recurring commitment.
We praise God for: ~ All our new and continuing prayer and financial partners ~ A fun-filled, memory-making summer break ~ His timing and the fact that we can return at the end of the month ~ Project Pagasa's new school building
Please pray with us for: ~ God to stir hearts and bring along more partners ~ Sweet farewells to our Stateside family & friends ~ All that needs to be done before we leave ~ The little things that so easily frustrate plans
Take a quick moment and subscribe nowfor future news about our family and ministry.
Sign up for the new Project Pagasa newsletter to hear about what's happening at the school!
Tell your friends!
How can you help?
Do you have a heart for missions, the poor and the orphan? Are you a global citizen who wants to make a difference in the world? Here are some ways you can help our family as I strive to return to the Philippines to teach at Project Pagasa:
1. GIVE - Make a one-time or recurring financial donation, starting today. Or, if you are already giving, consider increasing your gift if you are able at this time. You can give a tax-deductible donation by clicking HERE; or give at my GoFundMe page (not tax-deductible).
2. SHARE - Repost this page on your facebook, send a Tweet, or use other social media; forward this email to your address book. Social media is FREE, so while some may not be able to give, EVERYONE can share a link!
3. GATHER - If you already meet with a group of some sort (mom's group, Bible study, book club, etc), I would love to come and share for a few minutes or longer about my journey to where I am and my vision for the future in ministry.
4. GET CREATIVE - Host a game night, dessert party, dance-off, jog-a-thon, themed dress-up event...or any other creative idea that gets people together.Tell about my ministry of teaching orphaned and abandoned children in the Philippines and invite people to catch the vision and make a donation. OR, do one of the ideas and invite ME to share - you don't have to do much at all except invite your friends!
5. DO IT NOW! Time is short to reach our intended departure date. How can you help today?
Please email me at email@example.com to tell me how you will help.