Secord Snowbank Rink Open
Located near the Ball Diamonds on 218 St. and 97 Ave.
The Secord snowbank rink is ready for use. We would appreciate everyone's assistance with the following safety rules.
Secord Ice Rink Standards of Use:
1. Skate at your own risk.
2. Skaters under the age of six must be supervised by an adult.
3. Pets are not allowed around the rink for sanitary reasons. Pet owners must pick up after their pets.
4. All Skaters respect the ability and needs of all users with regards to the type of activities planned i.e. hockey players must give space for recreational skaters.
5. Helmets must be worn for anyone under the age of 18, while on the ice.
6. Remove nets from ice before leaving.
7. Phone 311 if you witness anyone breaking these standards.
Secord Community League is grateful to those that assisted with snow clearing last year. We are recruiting volunteers that can help clear the snow from time to time this season. Please email Shaun Boyle to be added to the snow clearing contact list.
Learn to Skate Program
Located at the Secord Snowbank Rink (near Ball Diamonds on 218 St. and 97 Ave.)
A free, drop-in "Learn to Skate Program" will be offered by the City of Edmonton, January 10, 17 and 24 from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Please note the program will cancel at -20 degrees celsius with the windchill. Click here for program details.
SCL Open Positions
Next Board Meeting: January 11, 2016
We are currently looking for two or more individuals to join our Community League Board. Open positions are Treasurer and Director at Large. As community members please consider coming to our board meetings and finding a project you are excited to get involved with. We would love to have your involvement. Next scheduled board meeting is January 11, 2016 at 7pm. Please email Angela, our President if you are able to attend or are interested in learning more about the open positions.
Follow our website and facebook page for regular community updates.
The community league executive wishes all our residents a safe and happy holiday season.