We hope you are all well and staying warm this wintry weekend! Just a quick update about our February PTSA meeting that will be held virtually this month and will take place on Tuesday, February the 15th @5:30 p.m. Meeting links and agenda will be sent to members via email shortly beforehand.
Attention Seniors/Senior Parents: The deadline for selecting your pose for the yearbook has been extended to Sunday, January 30th. Make sure that you have selected a formal pose for the yearbook. Instructions on how to select the portrait can be found on the packages or proofs that were mailed/emailed home. If you need any help with this, please contact Lifetouch at (877) 689-4056.
Cap and gown pictures will be taken February 8th. You can schedule an appointment using this link: https://grimsleyhs.youcanbook.me. Appointments will be from 11:00 am through 3:50 pm. A cap and gown will be provided for the picture. There is no obligation to purchase and there is NOT a sitting fee. However, you MUST make an appointment. Pictures will be taken in the Aux Gym on February 8th.
The deadline to pre-order a yearbook is February 24th. Yearbooks can be purchased online for $80. Get yours today at http://jostensyearbooks.com!
Congratulations to the Male and Female JROTC Athletic teams that competed in McAllen Texas High School Postal Physical Fitness Meet.
The male team placed 7th out of 60 teams and the female team placed 21st out of 28 teams.
All State Western Region Honors Orchestra
Congratulations to two Grimsley students who were selected for the All State Western Region Honors Orchestra after competitive statewide competitions.
Evan Martin, 12th Grade - 5th Chair Viola
Vedant Mangaldas, 12th Grade - 6th Chair Viola
Congratulations to both!!!
Summer Opportunities at GSO Parks & Rec
Do you know high school and college students looking for a summer job? Greensboro Parks and Recreation is looking for youth and young adults who love the water and sun to be lifeguards, pool cashiers, pool techs and pool managers.
Applying is easy: http://www.tinyurl.com/GSOParksandRecJobs
Don’t like the water…we have summer camp counselor jobs available to at the same link!
Whirlie Bus Shuttle Bus Locations
GCS Schools has continued to suspended bus transportation for Grimsley students due to the shortage of bus drivers. Grimsley is doing everything we can to help get our students to school. Hop on the Whirlie bus at one of the four locations listed above. Pick up time at these locations is at 8:30 AM and departure from school in the afternoon is at 4:25.
Thank you to our Coaches and Counselors for helping drive and supervise the shuttle buses.
Magnet Open Houses
All GCS Magnet Open Houses will be virtual this year. Grimsley IB will host sessions on the following dates/times:
Thursday, February 3 at 9 AM and 6 PM
Friday, February 4 at 12 PM and 4 PM
Battle of the Books
Want to read like a boss? Join the Grimsley Battle of the Books Team and take on readers across the district in competition of knowledge over selected titles. This year’s competition will be held on March 7. Must read at least one title by February 1st to be considered for the team. See Mrs. Worrells for details.
Questions about Service Learning?
Do you have questions about Service Learning? See Ms. Hunt before or after school in room 801 Vocational.
Grimsley Daily Bulletin
Updated Traditional School Calendar
For all your GSC updates
On Facebook? Follow the Grimsley PTSA and Grimsley Parents page for discussions/advice/etc.
Here are just a few updates as we start the 2nd semester.
- If you haven’t yet ordered your cap and gown, you should do so BEFORE the end of January. There are no guarantees that late orders will arrive in time for graduation in June. You can place your order at highschool.herffjones.com
- The Senior Class picture schedule for Jan 26 has been postponed due to the current status of the pandemic and the covid-related protocols. If the picture is rescheduled, announcements will be made concerning the makeup.
- Cap and gown pictures will be taken Feb 8. You can schedule an appointment using this link. http://grimsleyhs.youcanbook.me Appointments will be from 11:00 am through 3:50 pm. A cap and gown will be provided for the picture. There is no obligation to purchase and there is NOT a sitting fee. However, you MUST make an appointment. Pictures will be taken in the Aux Gym on Feb 8.
- As you receive college acceptance letters, please remember to share that information here https://forms.gle/FRg1Neom8BzAsbmD8. You will need to submit each time you have an acceptance to input.
- As you receive scholarship offers, please share that information with Ms. Taylor in Counseling (email@example.com). We keep a running total of all OFFERED scholarships/grants, even if you don’t accept the offer.
Don’t miss the opportunity to meet with College Representatives that are coming to Grimsley. Sign up on the Counseling website or by emailing Ms. Taylor - firstname.lastname@example.org
College Visits - sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4EAEAD2EA5FEC07-ncat
Class of 2022 Remind
Text @whirlies22 to 81010 to receive updates of class information.
Bookmark the Senior Page on the school’s website for updates and important information.
**Grimsley Alumni Scholarship applications and SECU scholarship applications for Seniors are now available. See Ms. Taylor for more info and follow @grimsleycounseling on Instagram for more updates.
Class of 2022 Important Dates and Info
SAT Dates - March 12th, May 7th, and June 4th
February 8th - Cap and Gown pictures will be taken in the Auxiliary Gym during English Classes.
March 1st - ACT testing day for Juniors. This is another great day for a college visit.
March 3rd - Cap and Gown picture retakes.
June 1st - Graduation Practice - 9 a.m.
June 3rd - Graduation - 3 p.m.
TBD: Cap and Gown Delivery (April), Senior Tea (May), Convocation (May)