Here’s the latest news, resources and requests for your promotional help from EAGLE’s Outreach team.
- The EAGLE Best Practice Network has been internationally recognized as the world’s leading consortium for digital epigraphy. Today EAGLE includes almost all the big players in the digital epigraphy sectors (there are agreements with a few institutions that have yet to be finalized). We are delighted to report that the network has grown horizontally in terms of geographic reach, and vertically in terms of expert participation. Thanks to everyone for their support!
- A long era of fragmented curatorial (and digital) efforts has been closed. 2.5 years into the project, we are proud to announce that EAGLE launched its Search Box! Browse (and search) our digital epigraphs collection! It's the biggest in the world and it's free!
- Calling creative classicists! EAGLE’s 1st Short Storytelling Contest is underway. Deadline: Jan. 15, 2016. Submit your story using the EAGLE Collections here! Authors are strongly encouraged to make use of the Storytelling App! Examples can be found here.
- EAGLE posted more than 5000 Photos to Wikimedia Commons. Check them out here. Even more images have been edited and include relevant categories, links and metadata, thanks to the GLAM Wiki Toolset developed by Europeana and Wikimedia Fundation.
- The EAGLE Media Wiki has been a pioneering project in the use of the software that powers Wikidata, the award winning project by Wikimedia Deutschland. Using cutting edge technology, the ambitious EAGLE community has gathered more than 12.000 translations, thereby building the world’s largest known repository of translated of greek and roman inscriptions.The user-friendly system for triples entry and the detailed guidelines on the wiki has allowed for the initiation of school projects, collaborations among high-level researchers, and the enrichment of reusable data for digital and research projects.
- The EAGLE Vocabularies contain now all terms in use by the content providers of the EAGLE project. They have been functional to data harmonization and ingestion processes in Europeana, but also constitute an invaluable resource in themselves as the first-ever attempt at harmonizing controlled vocabularies across the discipline. In response to unexpected but numerous reuses already made by external stakeholders, an initiative to transform this vocabulary into a thesaurus has been undertaken.
- EAGLE Second International Conference 2016. Dates: 27-28-29 January 2016. More info, including programme and registration, is available here.
"Happy, lucky New Year to me!" says this Roman lamp:
'Annum / novum / faustum / felicem / mihi'!
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!
The EAGLE Team