My fellow Queenslander,
There is a concern for many in the community that this State election will be a referendum on the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The pandemic will pass and that’s why we need a change of State Government so Queensland can move forward.
The Federal LNP Government has not stopped delivering support in areas of concern. We have provided the State Government:
I am also very disappointed that infrastructure projects that are 80% funded by the Federal Government are given primarily to Spanish and Chinese-owned companies rather than Australian-owned companies by the Queensland State Government, as this is 100% a State decision.
- Increased education funding to Qld from $3.1 billion in 2014/15 to $4.8 billion in 2019/20 and yet Queenslanders are below the national average for reading, writing and numeracy.
- Increased health funding to Qld from $3.3 billion in 2014/15 to $5.4 billion in 2018/2019 and yet the average hospital waiting times in Queensland have increased from 27 days to 41 days in that same period.
- Approved funding in 2017 and 2018 for major infrastructure projects such as the upgrades to Bribie Island Rd and the Narangba/Deception Bay overpass. With an unemployment rate in Queensland of higher than the national average, why have these projects been not begun until the second half of this year?
I have met with all the LNP state candidates and they assure me that any future Federal Government funding will be spent improving outcomes in:
In this State election, please ensure our state’s future is a positive and fruitful one by voting 1 for your local LNP member.
- Reducing crime and drug use
- Building infrastructure like roads and dams in a much timelier fashion.
- Working to ensure Australian owned companies are awarded government funded infrastructure projects.
Let’s get Queensland working again.
Terry Young MP
Federal Member for Longman