Water Systems Walk-Through
See how Ampersand is designed to make best use of our precious desert water. The way the infrastructure is set up can decide how much food can be grown and how much water is needed to live on. This includes storage tanks as well as the way the land is shaped. Ampersand’s site thrives on rain catchment and we will show you how we harvest, store, filter, and manage the water for human needs and gardens.
This Sunday, June 23
3pm to 5pm
Tour our off-grid site with a focus on:
- rain catchment throughout the built environment
- water harvesting earthworks for food growing and land restoration
- water distribution, gravity feed and pumps
- greywater in the greenhouse and outdoors
- three different kinds of solar water heaters
- our hoop house uses only the rain it catches to supply the gardens and propagation projects inside
- optional potluck after!
$25 suggested donation
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org