Sheltering Hands Annual Garage Sale- March 12th
Our annual garage sale will be held on Saturday, March 12th at our Surgical Center on US Highway 27. Hours are from 8-4. All remaining items will be half price from 2-4. New or gently used donations will be accepted starting February 29th (no clothing, large furniture, appliances or electronics accepted). Donations can be dropped off at our Surgical Center Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30-4.
Do You Have Some Time to Share with a Cat in Need?
We invite you to join us in our mission. Whether you have an hour or several hours, we have a place for you and would love to speak with you about our many volunteer opportunities. To reach our volunteer coordinator, please call 352-840-0663 and press option #5. Here are a few places we could really use some help-
- Staffing of our gift shop at our surgical center- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- Adoptions at CoCo's House on Wednesdays
- Adoptions at PetSmart during the National Adoption Weekend- February 12th-14th
- TNR help on surgery days, training provided
- Organizing and pricing for our upcoming yard sale on March 12th (need help early part of March)
Our mission statement- “Improving the lives of cats through humane care, spay/neuter, adoptions, education and support services.”
Are you getting our website news posts? If not, please head to our website ( see the link below) and sign up at the bottom of the home page on our website. Two or three times a month we will send out a short post to share events and information.