Sheltering Hands Volunteer Orientation September 10th
Our next Volunteer Orientation will be held on Saturday, September 10th from 12:30-1:30. We ask all interested volunteers to attend a Volunteer Orientation before they begin volunteering. At this orientation you will receive your volunteer handbook and have a chance to meet with coordinators in the different volunteer areas to answer questions and help you get signed up to start helping cats! You do not need to register for this orientation, just come on out. The Volunteer Orientation will be held in the Tuxe Center at our Surgical Center on US Highway 27. For more information, please email Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do You Have Some Time to Share with a Cat in Need?
We invite you to join us in our mission. Whether you have an hour or several hours, we have a place for you and would love to speak with you about our many volunteer opportunities. To reach our volunteer coordinator, please call 352-840-0663 and press option #5. Here are a few places we could really use some help-
- Staffing of our gift shop at our surgical center- Wednesdays
- Socializing at CoCo's House, any week day
- Cat Care at CoCo's House on weekends
- Adoptions at PetSmart during the National Adoption Weekend- September 16th-18th
- TNR help on surgery days, training provided (especially Fridays and Saturday or Sunday)
- Volunteer Coordinator- use your administrative skills to develop and improve our volunteer efforts
- Communications- Do you like creating newsletters and keeping everyone up to date on events? Do you have computer, internet and word publishing skills? We would love to speak with you about ways you can help improve our communications efforts.
- Secretary- Our Board is looking for an individual to prepare and send out the agenda and Board packet for the monthly meeting and record the minutes of the meeting.
- Stray Cat Strut- Individual or team to send out information on our upcoming Stray Cat Strut and man the table in Tuscawilla Park for the morning event. Beautiful location, nice people!
Our mission statement- “Improving the lives of cats through humane care, spay/neuter, adoptions, education and support services.”
Are you getting our website news posts? If not, please head to our website ( see the link below) and sign up at the bottom of the home page on our website. Two or three times a month we will send out a short post to share events and information.