Changes are coming!
Simple Loose Leaf is changing the format of our tea club.
We at Simple Loose Leaf have some news that we would like to share with everyone. We are going to be making some changes to the format of the club. I will explain the new format and then I will address some questions that are bound to be asked.
New Simple Loose Leaf's Tea Co-op explained:
- Simple Loose Leaf will be adding an online store filled with the teas we feature.
- Each month we will add 4-6 new teas to our store.
- At the start of each month we send you a free sample, 1/4 oz., of each of the new teas.
- If you like a tea after you have tried it you can order more of that tea from Shop.SimpleLooseLeaf.com at a 50% discount.
- The Co-op membership will cost $15/month, $9.95 less than the current club.
- Your account will be charged on the 25th of the month and your sample box will ship out the 1st of the following month. (i.e. Charged on October 25th and Shipped on November 1st.)
- All tea ordered from Shop.SimpleLooseLeaf.com will have flat rate shipping. Inside the US shipping will be $3 and Canada will be $5-$7 (still working that out).
Some of the questions and thoughts that will be voiced:
- What does this mean for me moving forward?
- Moving forward, there are a few things that are important to know about. We are going to be starting the new club format immediately. The next boxes that go out will have samples of all of the new teas we are going to be featuring on Shop.SimpleLooseLeaf.com. With the new format we will have a new club that you will need to sign up for.
- Am I paying $15 a month for a sample pack?
- No. The $15 a month lets you become a member of the Co-op and allows you to purchase teas at a 50% discount. The sample pack is free and is meant for you to try all new teas that are offered in the store.
- I am on a 3 month or 6 month ongoing membership and I still have some months left.
- One of the benefits we will have with the new Co-op sign up system we will be using is that we will now have the ability to credit your account. So after you have signed up for the new Co-op, we will credit your account for all outstanding months you have left. i.e. You order a 3 month and have only received 1 box of tea. We still owe you 2 boxes of tea, worth $45.64, and we will credit your account $45.64 which will pay for 3 months plus $0.64 on month 4.
- I have ordered the club as a gift for someone, what does this mean for their gift?
- Because you have ordered the tea as a gift for someone we can do 1 of 2 things. We can do the same as mentioned above in Question 2. Or we can credit your account with the number of months remaining and any value remaining from your purchase convert into a gift card that can be used at Shop.SimpleLooseLeaf.com.
- What if I do not like the new club format?
- In the end if you do not like the new format you can request a refund for the remaining value of your order. i.e. If you order a 6 month membership and have only received 3 of the months we will refund you for the 3 remaining months.
- How many teas are available in the store to start with?
- Right now there are only six teas currently on there. As this month goes on we will put another 6-10 teas up. All of the teas that will be in the store this month are teas that club members have already had a chance to try.
- How long will teas be available in the store?
- Teas will be in the store for no more than 6 months. If a tea sells out after the first 2 months we will not restock the tea until we re-feature that tea, 9 to 18 months down the road.
- How much will the tea cost online?
- Tea at Shop.SimpleLooseLeaf.com will cost between $4.00 and $10.00 per ounce for all NON-members of Simple Loose Leaf's Tea Co-op that place an order. All members of Simple Loose Leaf's Tea Co-op will be given a personal ID code that can be used to order all teas with a 50% discount, i.e. $2.00 to $5.00 per ounce. There will be no limit to the amount of tea or the number of times tea can be ordered with the discount.
- A few other elements that are important.
- When you signup you will not be charged anything until the 25th of October.
- Your current account on our site will no longer reflect any up to date information as we are using a different platform.
- When you join we will email you your personal code and with your first samples box we will include a card with you information on it as well.
- The discount will not apply to shipping costs. (It is flat rate though so it will not change no matter how much tea you order.)
- You can go to www.SimpleLooseLeaf.com to join the Tea Co-op and once you have joined we will be in touch to let you know how much, if any, we are crediting to your account. Or you can use the button we have below.
- All gift memberships will auto renew for the duration of the membership and then stop after either 3 or 6 months. i.e. If you signup for a 3 month membership, on the 25th your account will be charged $15. The charge will happen two more times and then stop after the 3rd charge.
When you sign-up use the code: "CurrentMember" to get 50% off your first month.