Are you interested in sharing your passion for golf?
Are you interested in giving back to EWGA?
The Board of Directors of the EWGA-Canada GTA Chapter is responsible for leading our organization to a sustainable and vibrant future. EWGA Volunteers are essential to our success and we have a couple of opportunities for you to consider for 2016.
For the 2016 season we invite you to volunteer for the board positions listed below or nominate an eligible member.
Please complete the nomination form by September 27. The form is posted at 2016 Board Nominations
- Vice President
- Communications/Secretary Chair
- Membership Chair
- Events Chair
What knowledge and skills are needed?
- Commitment to improve programs and services that enhances and showcase women’s golf opportunities
- Active member in good standing with active participation in chapter activities and programs
- Professional‐level skills in a field of use to the Board and Chapter
- Personal and professional characteristics of accountability, respect, collaborative, innovative, and willing to learn
- General computer skills
We are also seeking members to join our various committees
- a great way for previous board members to help us out
- novice to experienced members who are interested in a volunteer position that could lead to a board position
- Committee members will work closely with our board members in various capacities to improve the EWGA experience for our members
- Sponsorship – Collaborates with the President on finding ways to improve relationship with our sponsors as well as drive sponsorship initiative that will provide a revenue stream to the organization and to be used for prizing at events.
- Golf Education - Collaborates with the Golf Programs and Services Director on rules and other educational initiatives that will allow our members to become aware of the rules and etiquette of the game. This role is ideal from someone who would like to learn more about the rules of golf as well as assisting with the organization of Rules Clinics. This committee will also be responsible for working with club pros to organize golf clinics for the members of the chapter.
- Handicap - Collaborates with the Golf Programs and Services Director to educate members on the Handicap System, and maintaining their handicap on either the GAO or GN21 system. The handicap committee member will also assist members to establish their handicap.
- Leagues - Collaborates with the Events and Activities Director and replaces the previous Member Course position on the board. This committee will be responsible for working with member courses to organize league play for our members.
- Weekday - Collaborates with the Events and Activities Director
If you're still not sure or have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
. Thank you for being an EWGA member!
CONNECT - LEARN - PLAY - BELONG