Beat the Heat this Summer
1) Stay hydrated; and not just with beer. Water and sports drinks are your friends this time of year.
2) Wear loose, light-colored clothing made of moisture wicking material. You'll feel more comfortable, stay cooler and play better.
3) Use sunblock. Much of the newer golf apparel has sunblock technology built in. But on skin that is exposed, use sunscreen rated SPF 30 or higher.
4) Wear a hat. Baseball caps are good, but a wide brimmed hat is more effective. It's not just about avoiding sunburn, keeping heat off your head helps you maintain your energy.
5) Eat light, but eat well enough to maintain your concentration and energy levels. You don't want to feel heavy and lethargic from a big meal before playing in the hot sun for 4-5 hours.
6) Warm up fully but not aggressively. Hit balls on the range and putt some of the putting green, but don't overexert yourself. Again, try and maintain your energy level
7) Enjoy the round and dream about that winter golf vacation you can take. Our Let's Golf® Travel Directory
can help you decide where to go.