Manufacturing Advancements Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
We recently celebrated our 43rd birthday. Since our inception in 1977, we have explored many uncharted areas. Pioneering has been what has brought success. This has involved a great deal of problem solving, creativity and especially risk taking. As we reflect over the last year and envision the future, these are the skills that will help lead the way. We wrote a blog to share some thoughts about the last year and what's to come. Below is a brief summary. Here is the entire piece.
Our 30,000 sf addition is well underway. It will be adding 50% to our manufacturing space including:
- a permanent cleanroom
- highest attention to energy efficiency
- use of clear story windows (instead of skylights)
- it will open up space for utilization and expansion of CNC Machining and Additive Manufacturing capabilities.
More than 20 years of sustainable manufacturing.
- developing an energy storage solution that would complete our energy management system.
- utilize all of our renewable energy and attain 100% resiliency eliminating risk of a power interruption that would cause damage to work in progress
- energy cost savings are passed on to the customer to insure consistent quality and on time delivery will be maintained
- investigating the idea of being Carbon Positive or having zero impact (learn more) We have not yet committed to this but are considering it and wanted to share this progressive idea
- striving to attain “Zero Waste” by 2025 (90% of waste is diverted from landfill)
Additive Manufacturing continues to be an integral part of our total manufacturing solution. We are building the department with people that not only understand additive, but subtractive processes as well.
- toolmakers of the future- better skills and ideas than someone with experience in additive or subtractive
- pursuing the latest additive technology that will allow us to offer our customers the highest level of engineering requirements for polymers
- ability to make molds with production times one quarter of the current required time to manufacture a traditional mold
- replacing the majority of our 3 axis with 5-7 axis machines, increasing capacity for more complex machining projects.
- Form In Place (FIP) precision gasketing
- allowing customers to keep their project as seamless as possible, under one roof
Solenoid manufacturing has given us the ability to offer additional capabilities such as:
- bobbin manufacturing and winding
- transfer molding
We get to be our own supplier by creating different parts within multiple departments to get a finished unit. Having expertise in areas of Injection Molding, CNC Machining, and Additive Manufacturing has allowed us to be a better supplier for our customers.
The areas of Medical, Aerospace and other industries that have higher requirements for precision, technical engineering characteristics and tight tolerances have challenges that many manufacturers would turn away from. We offer experience and expertise that embraces the most difficult, unique, complex, and challenging projects. These challenges are motivating and inspiring. They drive us to create new processes, procedures and products that would otherwise not be possible if we were not willing to take on these challenges. Being ready and available to change directions, adopt new technology or experience some discomfort is all part of being a successful business, today and in the future.