Dear Sustaining Members,
Thank you for your continued support of the Junior League of Baton Rouge. Your membership dues sustain our League and ensure that we continue to serve members of the Greater Baton Rouge community each year.Your commitment also serves to fulfill our mission by training volunteers to become effective leaders and improve our community. As a Sustaining Member, you are a vital piece to the Junior League puzzle with a special purpose.
We invite you again to renew your sustaining member dues in the amount of $81.00 which can be paid by check or credit card: (1) online at www.juniorleaguebr.org; (2) mailing a check to our office; or (3) contacting Ms. Deborah at (225) 924-0298.
A major focus of the Board conversation has been on supporting our members. After thoughtful discussion and consideration of the impact of COVID-19 on our community, we have opted to continue to suspend ALL in-person activities, events and meetings until May 1.
We also recognize that the great uncertainty of this time can lead to stress and anxiety and we further recognize that many may be facing financial hardships. While we hope all members will continue to support the work of the League through the remainder of the year, no member should feel anxious about her membership obligations or requirements at this time. Therefore:
- All Active Membership & RRR Dues have been extended to April 30, 2020.
- All members will be given placement credit for the 2019-2020 League year.
- All members will be given meeting credit for the 2019-2020 League year.
- All members that were obligated to work a Touch A Truck shift will be awarded shift credit.
- Our JLBR Headquarters will remain closed to volunteer activities, events, and meetings.
I want to thank our Board of Directors and Executive Management for prioritizing our members during this unprecedented time. The decision to cancel so many events and opportunities has not been made lightly, and three key principles were kept top of our minds:
- As a mission-focused, member-driven organization, YOU are our top priority. The importance of protecting the health and well-being of our members. We believe we have a social responsibility to do our part to lessen the effects of COVID-19 spread in our community. This remains at the very top of all decision-making criteria.
- JLBR is one of the many pieces in our Baton Rouge community, and so the League has responded to the call to serve our community during times of need. We are working with our agencies to identify their needs, and partner with them that can be executed safely. Opportunities will be communicated for those who would like to serve.
- We will continue to foster a sense of community within the League. We are exploring ways to make video content available to our members so that we can continue to provide valuable training, and keep our members connected to each other and to the League. We also encourage members to find ways to connect with their fellow League members while practicing social distancing: send handwritten notes or check in via phone, email or text. The friendships and relationships that we build in the League should be nurtured, perhaps now more than ever!
As members of the Junior League of Baton Rouge, we were called for such a time as this. The League is a special place where women passionate about doing more for our community come together in service to a larger mission. We are just the women this moment needs. I am honored to stand with you in service. We truly appreciate each of you.
Junior League of Baton Rouge