Project Emerald...a Highschool program that gives accessibility for college credit.
Project Emerald consists of entrepreneurship with technology and innovation programs for 9th - 12th graders with the option to receive college credit from the University of Iowa. Since it is a pilot in 2021, the instruction fee is sponsored by JA sponsors but there is a small exam fee charge from the university.
- Complete a virtual 10-week entrepreneurship course (4 hours/week); Dates: 10/05/2021 - 12/09/2021
- Earn 3 transferrable college credits from the University of Iowa
- Aligns to National Entrepreneurship & Computer Science Standards
- Learn & Create basic mobile app development concepts for solutions
- Learn how startups begin by identifying issues, gathering data, and generating viable business solutions