ADR is organising a webinar on "Freebies Culture and its Impact on Indian Politics & Democracy" on 03rd September 2022 from 3 PM to 4:30 PM (IST).
The focus points for the webinar are as follows:
- Supreme Court's suggestion to constitute a committee to look into the matter
- Are freebies in Indian politics paving the way to economic disaster?
- Reluctance of political parties to end freebie culture
- Debate on "Welfare vs Freebies" & the role and responsibilities of voters
- Impact of freebie politics on Indian Democracy
Moderator: Maj Gen Anil Verma, Head of ADR and National Election Watch
- Shri Ashwini Upadhyay, Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Shri T. S. Krishnamurthy, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India
- Dr Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Barasat, West Bengal; Trinamool Congress Member
- Dr Ajit Ranade, Founder Member & Trustee of ADR; Vice Chancellor, Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, Pune
- Shri Alok Prasanna, Co-founder and Lead, Vidhi Karnataka
If you have any questions which you want to be addressed during the webinar then please reply to this email with your query. Please note that only the relevant questions will be addressed.
To attend the webinar, click on one of the social media icons given below: