First Week at Bongolo!
We made it safely to Bongolo! Thanks for all your prayers and support that have encouraged us all along the way. We are excited to get started serving the Lord together with our team. We have had a very busy week getting settled in to life at Bongolo with some ups and some downs.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We arrived without any problems and with all our luggage.
- We were welcomed with a team dinner that even had a game of Lane Trivia/Bongolo Trivia.
- We had dinner each evening with different people on our team.
- Amy celebrated her birthday here in the jungle with her new teammates and learned the different birthday song they sing here.
- Jeff and Amy both had and recovered from a nasty stomach virus.
- We moved into our apartment here and are working on getting settled.
- We found the things we shipped over last August - it was like Christmas in July!
- Jeff spoke in French in front of the whole church here in Bongolo after we were presented to the congregation.
- We were warmly welcomed back by African friends both at the hospital and on the station.
- We remembered how noisy it is to sleep in the jungle!
As we continue to transition to life here over the next month we are focusing on "abiding" in Jesus through all the transition. In all the emotional and physical ups and downs, we need to keep our eyes focused on Him.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:5