French Language Study
We continue to study french with a tutor for two hours once a week. We are working through a book as well as memorizing scripture and playing “Go Fish”. We have also read from the book Spot’s Big Book of Words. This week we received a packet of information regarding language school and getting a long term visa for France. We will be studying French at Centre Chrétien d’Enseignement du Français (www.cef-france.org) in Albertville, France.
Did you know:
- Albertville has a population of about 20,000 people and is located in the French Alps?
- The Olympic Games were held in Albertville in 1992? This is the last year that the Summer and Winter Olympics were in the same year.
- It is quicker to get to Albertville from Geneva Switzerland then it is from Paris?
- Centre Chrétien d’Enseignement du Français was started in 1967 by Jacques A. Blocher who was Billy Graham’s translator when he came to France?
- The money we will be using is the Euro and currently 1 Euro = $1.08?
- The time is 6 hours ahead of Ohio?
- French is spoken in more than 54 countries?