Did you know?
Last month we shared some information about Albertville, France where we will be for our language study. This month we have been learning about Gabon and thought we would share some of what we have learned.
Did you know...
1. Gabon is slightly smaller in area than the state of Colorado?
2. The population of Gabon is around 1.5 million people?
3. Gabon lies on the equator and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon and the Congo?
4. More than 10% of Gabon’s total area is protected parkland?
5. The capital city of Gabon is Libreville?
6. The money used is the Central African Franc (CFA)? Currently $1.00 = 595 CFA. The CFA is the currency of 6 independent states in Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.
7. The time in Gabon is 6 hours ahead of Ohio (the same as France)?
8. Gabon has a tropical climate and temperatures remain constant throughout the year, averaging between 84-88 degrees fahrenheit?