Autumn's crisp temperatures provide the perfect backdrop for budget-friendly gatherings.
- Host a classic marshmallow roast. The mellow scent of wood smoke, crackling flames lighting up the night sky, and the laughter of friends and family create memories your loved ones will cherish.
- Competition isn't limited to the football field. Hold a leaf raking contest. Thanks for the idea, Tom Sawyer.
- Invite friends to a "Build Your Own Scarecrow" party. You supply the straw; your guests bring the clothing. Theirs and the scarecrows.
Photo courtesy of Anusorn P. Nachol at freedigitalphotos.net
In a fit of organizing glee, my friend bought a tall plastic gift wrap organizer. Unfortunately, it's so hard to open she stopped trying to put her wrapping paper in it.
The Chic Site offers a simple fix. Put loose wrapping paper rolls into a garment bag and hang them in the closet.
Using a clear bag makes it easy to see your stock at a glance.
At our house I use a rubber band around each roll to keep it from unwinding.
What other items could you corral in an inexpensive hanging storage bag?
Have you ever been in a theater or watching TV with the family when--WHAM--inappropriate language or images pop out faster than the Flash flashing?
Focus on the Family's Plugged In website offers in-depth information about the content of movies, videos, television episodes, songs and games.
For instance, Plugged In's movie category provides insights into
So simplify your family entertainment decisions with Plugged In, and leave the earplugs and blindfolds behind.
- Positive Elements
- Spiritual, Sexual, and Violent Content
- Drug and Alcohol Content
- Crude or Profane Language
Stock photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net