Plan you meals ahead of time when making your grocery list. Not only will this help you visualize and execute healthy eating, it will also help you avoid produce spoilage, by designating specific ingredients for specific recipes.*
Fresh Salad Recipe #21 Thai Beef Salad
1 1/2 lbbeef sirloin, cut into bite-sized cubes
16 eachshiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced into strips
1 tbspfresh ginger, minced or grated
4 eachgarlic cloves, minced
1 tspcrushed red chili flakes
4 cupsbutterhead lettuce (boston bibb)
1 smallred bell pepper, seeded and sliced very thin
1/2 mediumred onion, very thinly sliced
1/4 bunchcilantro, washed and large stems removed
16 leavesthai basil, hand torn (substitution = regular basil)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine your beef, mushrooms, garlic , ginger and chili flakes. Season with a bit of salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. In a large salad bowl, place your lettuce, very thinly sliced bell peppers and onions, as well as your fresh cilantro and basil. Set aside.
3. In a measuring cup, add your fish sauce, lime juice and low carb sweetener. Use a fork to whisk the ingredients together, until the sweetener dissolves.
4. Heat a large sauté pan, over high heat. Add your coconut oil and swirl it around the pan. When it begins to ripple, sprinkle your meat/mushroom mixture over the surface of the pan. The goal is to spread the meat/mushroom in a single layer over the full bottom of the pan. Allow to sear over the high heat for about 1 to 2 minutes. Toss the mixture and try and cook the opposite side of the meats and mushrooms. Cook until the beef is cooked to the desired doneness (about medium rare, is my preference).
5. When the beef is cooked, add your fish sauce dressing to the pan, where it should immediately boil. Pour the entire mixture, meat, dressing, oil and all, over the lettuce. Mix and serve! Serves 4.
Recipe and photo by DJ Foodie. Adapted from: http://www.djfoodie.com/Thai-Beef-Salad
“The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” ~William James
New Product Preview
LC Foods is in the process of launching several new products this New Year including Low Carb Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Low Carb Peanut Butter Fudge and a complete line of Low Carb Protein Powders! As an LC Foods newsletter subscriber, we wanted you to be among the first to get your hands on some of our newest products before their official launch in February!
Our hope is that these daily emails help and encourage you to stick with your low carb New Years Resolution. Our goal is to SERVE you and not ANNOY you! We will send an email each day ONLY for January, returning to our regular scheduled 1-2 newsletters per month in February. You can unsubscribe from this list, but we encourage you to re-subscribe in February, so you don't miss our monthly newsletter featuring coupon codes, specials and updates. Thank you for your support!