Finishing the School Year Titan Strong
Greetings Titan Students and Families.
Welcome to Quarter 4. We are in the home stretch!
We are proud of the resilience, self-discipline and determination our beloved Titans have shown throughout this unusual and often challenging school year. As we enter the final quarter, we have pulled together a list of 10 tips to help students finish the school year Titan strong.
As always, your school counselors are here for you! Please never hesitate to reach out to us. We are only an email away.
- Attend all of your classes and be an active participant.
- Get out of bed! Try doing your work outside of your bedroom and off of your bed. Now that the weather is getting nicer, you may want to take to a bench or lean up against a tree as you study.
- Work on developing a regular sleep schedule. It’s hard to get up and get things done when you go to bed & wake up at different times everyday. Go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time every day and make sure you stop looking at screens at least 30 minutes before trying to fall asleep. The light from devices can prevent us from falling asleep.
- Check your school email, Remind, and Canvas announcements every day for information about your classes and opportunities to make up work and/or get involved in clubs or activities.
- Avoid NHI's. Make a To-Do List and check PowerSchool regularly to be sure you are turning in all of your assignments -- even the assignments you might not have completely finished.
- Attend Teacher Office Hours.
- Sign up for Saturday Learning Academy. HERE
- Login to ACPS FREE Online Tutoring which is available on T.C. Student Resource Page 24/7. HERE
- Treat yourself right. Sleep, eat healthy, exercise, relax and build in self-care time.
- Connect safely with friends, family and/ or trusted adults. Considering joining a club to connect with other Titans with similar interests. HERE
On behalf of the Titan Department of School Counseling,
Melissa Deak, Director of School Counseling