NIH Resources to Learn More
December Updates for eResearch Proposal Management System (eRPM)
The December 2, 2017, eResearch Proposal Management system (eRPM) updates include:
Support for NIH Forms-E
As we recently shared on November 1, 2017, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is introducing a number of significant changes, effective January 25, 2018, intended to “enhance the accountability and transparency of clinical research.”
A Word to the Wise!
If you are working with human subjects on an NIH-funded project, the new FORMS-E packet will take more time to complete than what you are accustomed to. More information may need to be gathered in advance.
Please don't wait! We encourage research administrators (RAs) and (PIs) to build in collaboration time to walk through or complete the forms when possible.
Staff from the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) with ITS are working on a video to help guide you through this. We'll announce it soon. Stay tuned!
To support these changes, NIH introduced FORMS-E, a package of new/updated forms and instructions. Applicants must use FORMS-E, for NIH proposals with due dates on or after January 25, 2018.
Additionally, as we announced in August, new and existing forms are transitioning to a new web-based design (rather than fillable PDF).
Therefore, with this December release, the following forms have transitioned to the new web-based format:
- PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental Form V4.0 (HHS)
- PHS 398 Cover Page Supplement V4.0 (HHS)
- PHS 398 Research Plan V4.0 (HHS)
- PHS 398 Research Training Program Plan V4.0 (HHS)
- PHS Assignment Request Form V2.0 (HHS)
- PHS Fellowship Supplemental Form V4.0 (HHS)
- Research & Related Other Project Information V1.4 (Grants.gov)
- NSF Cover Page V1.8 (NSF)
- NSF Senior Key Person Profile (Expanded) V1.1 (NSF)
- NEH Matching Request Form V1.0 (National Endowment for the Humanities forms)
- ANEW Program Specific Data Form V1.0 (HHS)
- ED-900 General Application for EDA Programs V1.0 (Department of Commerce)
And this new form is available:
- PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information V1.0 (HHS)
Enhanced Subaward Import Functionality
This December release also enhances some subaward functionality.
There is no longer a version limitation on importing subaward forms.
- The subaward form can be an older version or the form downloaded from Grants.gov forms repository (e.g., fill out an R&R Subaward Budget V1.3 and import it into the R&R Subaward Budget V1.4).
- Note: A known issue with Subaward Form V1.4 requires you to delete extra rows prior to importing.
Research & Related Other Project Information Form
- The issue with missing attachments not displaying on the generated PDF version of this form has been corrected.
- Note - As of this time, you cannot change the order of the uploaded documents in Other Attachments: We have reported this issue to our vendor and hope have a fix soon.
- Note - Change to information copied from PAF to Grants.gov Forms: We are no longer able to copy the Human Subjects Pending indicator or the HUM Expiration Date using the “Copy PAF Info to Grants-Gov Forms” activity. The data will need to be typed in manually.
- For more information on this and all eRPM updates, visit the eRPM What's New page.
- For support, please contact the ITS Service Center at (734) 764-HELP (4-4357), option 3 or via email at 4HELP@umich.edu.
ITS Service Center
Monday-Thursday: 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.