U-M's New Proposal Submission Deadline Policy
Unit readiness for January 6, 2020
The launch date of January 6, 2020, for U-M's new Proposal Submission Deadline Policy, for external grant proposals, is just around the corner.
Materials and Resources
As we promised in our last communication, we have additional materials for you to review to shore up your own knowledge and to share with your unit. Visit orsp.umich.edu/deadline to access all the information you need to know, including:
We have hard copies of these materials and more in a handy meeting-in-a-box format. We've delivered several to date! If you would like one for your unit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or just reply to this message.
Things to Remember
- Know your Internal Policy - Your department/school/college/institute may have other requirements outside of this policy. Check with your leadership.
- Two things need to happen in order to have a proposal reviewed:
- A Proposal Approval Form (PAF) must have all approvals.
- Final means final. The proposal must be finalized and submission-ready before ORSP can review it.
- Incomplete proposals reset the clock- A proposal that is not submission-ready will be returned as incomplete and will reset the clock
- Submit Required/Recommended Changes ASAP - Make sure the changes requested by ORSP are returned as soon as possible so we can submit by the deadline.
- Limited Review proposals will be submitted by the deadline, but could fail.
- At-Risk Proposals are lowest in the list of review priorities and will not be submitted without at least a review based on institutional compliance
Thank you for your support, communication, and commitment to research administration at the University of Michigan! We wish you a restful and joyous holiday break and that you return refreshed and ready to meet the new year.