Preparing for U-M's New Proposal Submission Deadline Policy
Information Resources and Opportunities for Unit Preparedness
Please read and RSVP by Monday 12/2.
Dear RAAC Committee-at-Large (CAL) members:
The launch date of January 6, 2020, for U-M's new Proposal Submission Deadline Policy, is just around the corner.
Many of you have scheduled meetings with your units to share and prepare. Perhaps you even have your own unit-specific deadline policy that you have updated and announced.
As your unit's representative on the RAAC CAL, you are receiving this communication as a check-in to make sure you have all the information you need for a successful launch and that we are all truly buttoned up and ready to go.
Items that have been shared or communicated:
Here's a summary of everything that has been shared to date (all in addition to RAAC CAL meetings). You can share or re-share these items as desired.
- All Staff and Faculty Email Blast - Announcement from S. Jack Hu and Martin Philbert (May 23, 2019)
- Broad announcement in the Record (print, online, and email) (May 29, 2019)
- ORSP Website Landing Page w/ FAQs and
- RAN Video Presentation and Slides - The most substantive information to date was just shared in the October RAN meeting.
Items that will soon be shared:
In addition to what has already been shared, here's what you can expect to see in the next few weeks:
- Deadline Policy Information Interchange and Webcast
- Meeting-in-a-Box (materials available after 12/5/2019)
Deadline Policy Information Interchange Session
Thursday, December 5, 2019
- RSVP here
(On event day, go to Ross Business School, Blau 3580, 700 E. University Ave.)
Webcast Remote Attendees
1. Deadline Policy Information Interchange and Webcast
Craig Reynolds (Executive Director of Research & Sponsored Projects - ORSP) and Cathy Handyside (Assistant Director of Research Administration Systems, ITS) will host an Information Interchange and Webcast.
Members of the U-M community will be able to access this presentation in three ways:
- by attending in person*
- by viewing the simultaneous webcast (Watch here on day of event: http://myumi.ch/bvBp5)
- and by accessing an online recording after the event.
* Because seating is limited, we must restrict in-person attendance to 1-2 individuals selected by each RAAC CAL member to represent their unit. If you've been closely following the Deadline Policy communications at RAN or RAAC CAL, or if your unit has held a local information session, you may not need to attend. If you do wish to have 1-2 persons attend in-person, coordinate with your unit and RSVP by Monday 12/2. Remember, you can attend remotely.
2. Meeting-in-a-Box (materials available after 12/5)
Whether you attend or not, we can offer you materials by request. We are curating items (in both digital and physical form) you can use for future meetings with your faculty and/or research administrators.
The Meeting-in-a-Box will include:
We'll continue to update information on our website as needed, and we'll have another article in the Record on December 9, 2019.
Thank you for your support, communication, and commitment to research administration at the University of Michigan!