New president pledges to grow motorsport participation
Martin McKenna has pledged to keep growing levels of participation in motorsport and ensure it continues to be a safe environment for competitors and fans after he was elected the new president of Motorsport Ireland. Read more...
Rallycross set to start in style
Organisers have predicted the 2015 Motorsport Ireland National Rallycross Championship will be the best season for years after revealing an increase in entries for Sunday’s first round at Mondello Park. Among those competing are Welsh driver Mark Watson and his Citroen Xsara Supercar – the first visit by a British series regular for several years. Read more...
Breen second in Monte Carlo
Peugeot Rally Academy driver Craig Breen enjoyed a tremendous last day as he capitalised on the troubles of his rivals in challenging conditions to jump from fifth to second place in WRC2 category at the WRC Rallye Monte Carlo – claiming his first podium place of the year and with it 18 valuable championship points. Read more...
Corry leads Northern sweep
Belfast driver Will Corry was quickest on 10 of the 20 tests and shared best times on six others as he led a Northern clean sweep of the top three placings in TDC's Dave Griffin Memorial Multi-Venue Autotest at Mondello Park. Elsewhere, Joseph Smith claimed victory in the Co Cavan MC's Autocross at Latton. Read more...
New rally training courses
Motorsport Ireland has announced upcoming rally training courses to be held over the coming months. A Stage Commander Training Course will be held on January, 30th at the Abbey Hotel in Roscommon, while a First Time Rally senior officials’ training course will take place on May 17th in the offices of Motorsport Ireland at 34 Dawson Street, Dublin 2. Read more...
CAC meeting dates
The Competitions Advisory Committee will meet six times this year, on the following Tuesdays: February 3, April 7, June 30, September 1 (Dates), October 6 (Final Dates) and November 24.
Amendments and Corrections to Yearbook
There are no changes in this edition. All amendments can be found on the Motorsport Ireland Rules and Regulations pages of the main website, which is updated regularly and may be revised in between Bulletin issues. Read more…
* MEC Jenkins Cuop Sporting Trial - Rathdrum, Co Wicklow
* Donegal MC Forestry Rall (FR) 31st Jan - 1st Feb
* Skibbereen & DistrictCC 100 Isles Navigation Trial (NT) 1st February
* Carlow CC Rallycross (RX) - Mondello Park
* Motorsport Ireland Rescue Training - Mondello Park 7th February
* Colm Quinn Galway International Rally (TROA) 7th February
* Laois Rallysport Club Autotest (H)
* Trials Drivers’ Club Dave Griffin Memorial Trophy Multi-Venue Autotest at Mondello Park, Co Kildare
* Co Cavan M C Loose Surface Autocross at Latton
* Donegal M C Eamon Harvey Memorial Navigation Trial at Termon, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
* Carrick-On-Suir MC Autotest at Waterford
* Cork M C 1000 Shakes Navigation Trial at Freemount, Co Cork
* Garda Siochana MC Kehoe Cup Sporting Trial at Bohernabreena, Co Dublin