The Donegal International Rally has secured a new headline sponsor. Joule – one of the country’s leading manufacturers and designers of energy efficient hot water cylinders and solar heating systems – has agreed to sponsor the leading event for the next three years. Read more...
Jonny's raring to get going
Motorsport Ireland Young Racing Driver of the Year Jonny McMullan has said he “can’t wait” to compete in his new car - the Bernard Dolan-prepared Van Diemen - for the first time in the All Ireland Formula Ford 1600 Championship this weekend. Read more...
Armstrong grabs first Coleman nomination
Chris Armstrong has secured the first nomination for this year’s Motorsport Ireland Billy Coleman Young Rally Driver Award for his performances in January and February - the highlight coming when the 24-year-old secured a class win and seventh place overall in the Birr Stages Rally. Read more...
Porsche 911 returns to Circuit
The Porsche 911 will return to the Circuit of Ireland Rally after almost 30 years this Easter. Northern Ireland’s Robert Woodside will take the wheel of the Tuthill Porsche 911 from April 2-4, as the Clonakilty Blackpudding Irish Tarmac Rally Championship hosts its first ever R-GT car on a counting round. Read more...
No Junior Rally for the 2015 Circuit of Ireland
The Ulster Automobile Club who run the Circuit of Ireland Rally has announced that they are unable to run a Junior Rally as part of this year’s event. The result of this will be that article 4.4 of the Junior Championship regulations will be invoked which allows for the reducing of counting rounds from 5 out of 7 to 5 out of 6. This means that the next round of the Junior Championship will be the Cartell.ie International Rally of the Lakes in May.
Single-seater change in Great Britain and Northern Ireland
The MSA has introduced the following rule change which affects drivers of single-seater racing cars in events held in the UK. Click here for full details.
There are no changes in this edition. All amendments can be found on the Motorsport Ireland Rules and Regulations pages of the main website, which is updated regularly and may be revised in between Bulletin issues. Read more...
* 500 Mrci Race Meeting - Kirkistown
* Mec Devereux Cup Sporting Trial 29th March
* Midland Mc Stages Rally (SR)
* Killarney & District Mc Autotest (H)
* IKC Kart Race Meeting (KC) 2nd-5th April
* UAC Circuit Of Ireland International Rally (TROA) 5th April
* Connacht MC Autocross (LS)
* Donegal MC Allingham Arms Hotel Forest Rally at Bundoran
* Co Monaghan MC Navigation Trial at Aughnamullen, Co Monaghan
* Limerick MC Autotest at Barna Transport, Newcastle West
* Cork MC Quality Hotels West Cork Rally at Clonakilty
* Mondello Park Sports Club Race Meeting at Mondello Park
* Leinster Motor Club Healy Cup Sporting Trial at Ballybrew, Enniskerry, Co Wicklow