IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VOTING
ALL VOTERS MAY NOW VOTE ABSENTEE UNDER THE “STATE OF EMERGENCY” REASON.
10/2/2020 5p.m. - Last day to register in person to vote.
10/4/2020 11:59p.m. - Last day to register online, by email or fax.
10/5/2020 - Last day to register by mail (must be postmarked 10/5/2020)
IN PERSON ABSENTEE VOTING (NOTE: THIS IS THE PREFERRED METHOD IF YOU ARE ABLE)
NOTE: IF YOU ARE VOTING IN PERSON ABSENTEE, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION AHEAD OF TIME. JUST SHOW UP WITH YOUR ID, COMPLETE THE APPLICATION, AND VOTE.
15 John Galt Road, Beaufort
61B Ulmer Road, Bluffton
539 William Hilton Parkway Hilton Head (across from First Presbyterian Church)
DATES AND TIMES:
October 5: In person absentee voting begins
November 2: Last day for in person absentee
ABSENTEE VOTING BY MAIL
1. You must request an application. You can go online and print the form or call or email your county voter registration office and have them mail an application. (Ph: 843-255-6900, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
WARNING: If requesting an absentee ballot, do it NOW!
2. The application must be received by the voter registration office by 5pm, Saturday October 24. They can be mailed or taken in person to 15 John Galt Rd, Beaufort, SC 29906, emailed to email@example.com , or faxed to 843-255-9429 of 843-524-0617
3. Receive your ballot in the mail.
4. Vote and return the ballot to the voter registration office by mail or in person. (See detailed instructions at scvotes.gov/absentee . ) BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 7PM ON ELECTION DAY AT THE VOTER REGISTRATION OFFICE. THEY MAY NOT BE TURNED IN AT YOUR POLLING PLACE.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU REQUEST A MAIL-IN BALLOT, YOU MUST VOTE THAT BALLOT. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE ON THE MACHINES IN PERSON. IF YOU REQUESTED A MAIL-IN BALLOT, BUT NEVER RECEIVED ONE, YOU CAN VOTE A PROVISIONAL BALLOT AT YOUR PRECINCT.
1. Go to scvotes.gov and check to make sure you are registered. People are sometimes dropped from the voter lists even when they are regular voters.
2. Vote in person absentee if possible. Do it early as the lines get longer closer to the election.
3. If voting by mail, complete the process NOW and mail your ballot early to ensure it will be received in time to be counted.
4. Go to scvotes.gov to check that your ballot has been received.
5. Go to scvotes.gov for detailed information about voter registration, absentee voting, polling places and much more