Lots of new faces!
Registration day was a great success with us welcoming many new families who have signed up for the upcoming season. Thank you to all the members that volunteered their day to make it happen; Ella, Belinda, Carla, Monica, Fleur, Lisa, Glenn and Jon, a great team effort.
We also saw some faces from seasons past! So exciting! Thank you for supporting us by coming back for another season and making us be sustainable for the future.
We are always looking to increase our number of patrolling members so if you are still considering helping out this season, we would love to have you. Even if your availability isn't the best, we would love to have you join and make whatever contribution you can manage.
The clubhouse is looking fantastic with many projects underway.
Our clubhouse kitchen renovation plans are progressing with a new fridge and commercial oven. We cannot wait to see the modernised cabinetry by Chris Young's Joinery which is in the works.
A re-configuration and easy access organisation of the club equipment downstairs is in progress with many hardworking members doing the heavy lifting, cleaning, sorting and donating their trade skills to bring it all together.
A big thank you to
- Geoff Newton of South Coast Outdoor Products who is fabricating new stainless steel frames and modifying our trailers.
- Paul White who has been busy, keeping on top of the electrical fitting out.
- Our Gear Steward Brendan O'Mahony who has been sweating it out perfecting the IRB, lifesaving gear trailer and equipment.
- Podge who has completed a stocktake and order of the first aid supplies for the season ahead.
- Dobbo who is never far away with his assistance, utilising his valuable carpentry skillset.
- Our executive committee who have been working hard managing all of this as well as putting Covid regulations and safe practices in place for the season ahead.
- all those that helped out on the working bee in the off-season.
- anyone not mentioned that should have been!
Bring on Summer!