Open Government Partnership is hiring a Senior Events consultant to help coordinate the 6th OGP Global Summit to be held in Ottawa, Canada, from May 29-31, 2019. The position is based in Washington D.C.
Deadline: January 18.
OGP’s Country Support is looking for a Program Officer to provide programming & select logistical support relating to the execution of the Chief Officer’s duties. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Deadline: January 30.
OGP is seeking an Operations Officer to provide critical support to the general operations (finance, human resources, IT, administration) functions of the Open Government Partnership. The position is based in Washington D.C.
Deadline: Feb 15
Call for IRM National Researchers
The Independent Reporting Mechanism (IRM) of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) is seeking individuals to carry out research at the national and local levels in a variety of countries to assess government progress on implementation of their OGP Action Plans.
In partnership with the Government of Canada, we're launching a webinar series on inclusive open government. Join us January 23 as we explore best practices for effectively engaging people with disabilities. Learn more and register here.
Buzz on #OpenGov
- The Call for Proposals for sessions and speakers for the 6th OGP Global Summit is live. Submit your ideas in here by February 6.
- The OGP Civil Society Steering Committee is looking for 5 new members to start in October 2019. Nominate yourself or other leaders in civil society by February 1. Learn more here.
- Open Gov Week is March 11-17. Find an event near you or plan one of your own here.
- The OGP Academy is back! Send your academic proposal on key open gov issues before February 15. More here.
The World of #OpenGov
- The latest CIVICUS report discusses the growing global threat on civic space.
- OECD and OGP want to hear your stories of #OpenGov innovation. Submit them here by February 12.
- Despite a decline of trust in democracy, the The EIU's Democracy Index 2018 report reveals that political participation is on the rise.
- Read TAI’s findings from a recent Shrinking Civic Space survey.