Jen Bretaña OGP Government Point of Contact for South Cotabato, Philippines
South Cotabato, Philippines joined OGP in 2018 and is currently implementing five commitments on open government to strengthen public procurement, increase access to information, and bring citizens closer to their government. Jen Bretaña, the OGP Government Point of Contact for South Cotabato tells us more in our latest Faces of Open Government feature here.
Steering Committee Spotlight
The OGP Steering Committee will meet in Berlin February 25-27. The meeting agenda and reference materials can be found here.
The elections for the 2020-2021 OGP Steering Committee are underway.
- The call for national governments interested in joining is now open until February 21. The process will run through April 2020 when the elected members are announced. Learn more here.
- There will be three civil society seats opening as of October 2020. The process opens on March 2. Learn more here.
Looking Ahead: Justice in OGP
By Adna Karamehic-Oates, OGP
The global justice community convened at the Hague in the Netherlands earlier this month to discuss ways of both accelerating and financing different methods of achieving access to justice by 2030. Read more here.
By Jeff Geipel, Mining Shared Value, Engineers Without Borders Canada
The momentum around procurement transparency between extractive industry companies and governments continues to grow. Explore opportunities for aligning approaches and efforts across both state and non-state companies here.
Brazilian civil society reformers are taking important initial steps to promoting an intersectional approach to open government in their region. Explore their challenges and successes in bringing gender, race, and ethnicity to the center of their discussions here.
The Open Gov Week toolkit is now available! Find event examples from previous years, FAQs, social media messages, and editable graphics and logos to promote your events. Check it out here. (Spanish available here.)
Senior Program Officer, OGP Local
OGP is looking for a Senior Program Officer (SPO) to join the OGP Local team. The SPO will be responsible for supporting the implementation of an ambitious new strategy for significantly scaling OGP’s efforts to support open local government. The position is based in either Brussels or Washington D.C. Learn more here.
Call for IRM National Researchers
The Independent Reporting Mechanism (IRM) of the Open Government Partnership (OGP) is seeking individuals to carry out research in the following countries to assess government progress on implementation of their OGP action plans. Learn more here.
We're working on a new publication for our Justice Policy Series that will focus on open justice and criminal justice, and we need your thoughts! Learn more about our approach and how to share your feedback online here.
The World of #OpenGov
- In our new series, OGP Multi-Donor Trust Fund recipients share their challenges and successes in making OGP co-creation process more collaborative and inclusive. Read more here.
- In the first newsletter from the Community of Practice (CoP) on Water and Open Government, explore the latest water and sanitation OGP commitments, blogs, events, resources, and more here.
- The Council on Foreign Relations recently released the Women’s Power Index, an analysis on the progress towards gender parity in political participation across 193 UN member states. Check it out here.