Hey, Happy Tuesday <<First Name>>! ,
Did you watch the BET awards? Ok, so ya'll know I'm in Romania and don't have a TV. However, I did get to stream a few bits 😏. Particularly Typer Perrys speech. Whoah was it powerful! Yesterday on our Instagram, I posted this:
How true is it that we need to stop fighting for a seat at a table that is far from reach or hard to attain and start creating our own tables!⠀
What does this mean for us as black women in tech? Don't wait for an opportunity to come your way or for a position in the workplace. Why not start creating your own opportunities in tech? Start your side business as an IT Consultant, Security Consultant, or Web Development until you reach a sustainable income to start your own tech business. It will be a bumpy journey, but it will be something you own. ⠀
- Need some resume help? Check the plug section for a black woman HR manager, Jazmine Wilkes, with top-level services resume review and help!
- As shared in our slack community first, check out roles at flare jewelry.
- Wait what? Rihanna and Fenty beauty are headliners to their newsletter on inclusivity? We see you Google 👏🏾!
#lifeofbossnayamoss This week I'm...
- Working on my prototype for Culturefiy, spending about 40-50hrs a week on this.
- Putting in applications for pre-seed accelerators.
- As many know Frauvis is a free community + newsletter + podcast, and I'm still in the MVP phase of Culturefiy. Therefore, I'm looking for some temp work. So I'll be poking into slack Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as finding some sustainable work is a priority to pay these bills🤑.
- For the first time ever, I so thankfully had some help with a trip to Greece. So I'll be there soon on "vacation" 🏖.
Are you ladies traveling? I'd love to see where you are getting some ☀️. Send in your vacay photos and I'll feature them in the upcoming newsletters 😎.
Speaking of vacation and relaxing. Next month we are going to have many chats and conversations on black women in tech and mental health. In my almost 10 years in tech, whether as IT support or IT management, I have learned people facing tech roles can be tough, let alone as a black woman. So let's talk about how we can keep positive and uphold our mental health 🌸.
Founder + CEO