SPRING SURVEY + PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS
We want to hear you regarding your 4P Foods bags this spring. Justin, our Operations Manager, orders all the food from our farmers every week, and he would love to consider your feedback when doing so. A lot of what you receive in your bags is weather-dependent, but we are always interested in hearing what you love to eat at home.
We are also excited to announce that we will be giving away a PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD
to your favorite farmer or producer at our Earth Day party
VOTE VOTE VOTE for your favorites here!
NEW WEBSITE IS LIVE - YOU CAN NOW CUSTOMIZE YOUR BAG EACH WEEK
In case you missed it last week, two very important updates/changes to 4P Foods:
1) You can now customize your bag every week. Feel free to swap, add, change, and tweak your bag to your liking. Simply login to your account
and build a bag that works for you on or before your cutoff day at midnight. If you missed out on the amazing updates, check out last week's newsletter for the scoop on how it works.
2) We can now deliver to almost anywhere in the DC metro area, including much of Maryland and northern Virginia! Refer your friends to us and when they sign up you and your friend get $10 off a bag! Just email us your friend's name and when they sign up we'll hook you up with the discount. Give them promo code: EATLOCAL
TWO PARTIES - TICKETS SELLING FAST
STARR HILL MALT VINEGAR
Starr Hill Brewery
is an independent, regional craft brewery born in a music hall in 1999 in Charlottesville, Virginia. The malt vinegar is a collaborative effort between Starr Hill and Virginia Vinegar Works
, who crafted a 100% barley vinegar using the traditional Orleans method of vinegar production which dates back to 1616 in France. This process takes approximately 2-3 months to convert the wine to vinegar with an additional 6 months for aging. Use your malt vinegar to glaze chicken
, in marinades
, for salt and vinegar roasted potatoes
, or in this tomato chutney
. It's also delicious simply drizzled on fries. We hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for all your support.
-Tom & the 4P Foods Team
You can expect some or all (weather pending) of the following this week:
- Gold Potatoes (Certified Organic) - Tuscarora Organics, Hustontown, PA
- Lacinato Kale (Certified Organic) - Bryson Family Farms, Labelle, FL
- Orange Carrots (Certified Organic) - Stillwater Farm, Orangeville, PA
- Pink Lady Apples (IPM) - Kauffman's Fruit Farm, Bird In Hand, PA
- Red Butterhead Lettuce (Certified Organic) - Fresh2o Growers, Stevensburg, VA
- Red French Shallots (Certified Organic) - Help From Above Farm, Three Springs, PA
- Starr Hill Malt Vinegar - Virginia Vinegar Works, Nelson County, VA
- Tomatoes On-The-Vine (Certified Organic) - Red Sun Farm, Dublin, VA
- White Mushrooms (Certified Organic) - Mother Earth Organics, Landenberg, PA
- White Turnips - Van Dessel Farm, Accomack, VA
+Eggs (Half Dozen or Dozen available with Protein or Dairy Share Only) from Whiffletree Farm.
- Artisinal Linguica Calabresa - The Rock Barn, Arrington, VA - Brazilian-style Linguiça Calabresa is seasoned with spicy Calabrese peppers, marjoram, lemon zest, and plenty of smoke. Dice and sauté crispy before serving. Try it with mussels or white fish, or in a Portuguese potato and kale soup. This is Tom's all time favorite!
- Grass-Fed Beef Round Steaks - Sunrise Farms, Stuarts Draft, VA
- Free-Range Chicken Tenders(Certified Organic & Humane) - Shenandoah Valley Organics, Harrisonburg, VA
- Boneless Pork Loin Roast - Whiffletree Farms, Warrenton, VA
- Grass-Fed Ground Beef - Thistle Creek Farm, Tyrone, PA
- Half Gallon Whole Milk - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
- Heavy Cream Pint - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
- Organic Garlic Herb Chevre - Apple Tree Dairy, Richland, PA
- Organic Mozzarella (Cow) - Hope Springs Farm, East Earl, PA
- Paquea Valley Yogurts - King Family Farm, Ronks, PA
- Organic, Raw Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
Peas and love,
The 4P Foods Team