NEW WEBSITE IS LIVE - YOU CAN NOW SWAP YOURSELF!
We're so excited! We just launched a major website update, so now the 4P Foods shares will get better than ever. You can fully customize your bags each week. Simply login before your skip deadline
to make any changes you want.
Here are some features and instructions:
- Login to your account. Under "Subscriptions" you'll see each of your shares. On Friday, when Justin confirms our orders for the next week, you'll see a live list of what will be in each week's bags along with some extra items in our inventory. You can take out items you don't want, add extra portions of items you do want, or trade for other items we have in stock.
- It's a points-based system. Each item will have a certain number of points based on what their cost is - so some items may be worth more than others. Feel free to trade items around until you have customized a bag you love. The points do not roll over to future weeks, but we do give you 5 points of leeway - so for example, if you only have 3 points left but want to get extra apples for 5 points, you can still do that.
- For the Produce share, there will be a list of value-added items you can trade for produce items if you want. Note, the value-added items tend to be worth more points than the produce, so you may have to trade two produce items for a value-added item.
- For the Dairy Share, you will also now see low fat and nonfat milk, as well as plain yogurts and yogurt smoothies. We'll also keep a limited inventory of other dairy items you may want to trade for that week.
- For the Protein share, we will have a pretty solid list of other cuts of meat that you can trade for - so you can pretty much build your own Protein share if you want to.
- After you've made any changes you want, you can move away from that page after the changes load - no "save changes" needed.
- If you do run into any trouble or notice any bugs, feel free to email Bonnie (email@example.com). But hopefully this new feature will limit the need for emailing in the future!
This is the evolution of 4P Foods becoming a true online farmers marketplace. We hope to marry the principles of Community Supported Agriculture with the convenience and choice you all deserve. As we continue to build a community of people, like you, who want to create a more just and equitable food system of tomorrow, we hope to make ethical, sustainable food the norm - not the exception.
Let us know what you think of the new options, and thank you for all your support.
REFER A FRIEND GET $10 OFF!
We can now deliver to almost anywhere in the DC metro area, including much of Maryland and northern Virginia! We are now able to spread the 4PFoods love across the DMV... but we need your help. Do you have a friend who would love to get a bag of local produce every week but was previously out of our delivery zone? Refer them to us and when they sign up you and your friend get $10 off a bag! Just email us your friend's name and when they sign up we'll hook you up with the discount, and give them promo code: EATLOCAL
Sometimes called "Creasies," Creasy greens are a leafy green that traditionally grows in the Appalachian Mountains, and was gathered by foragers. Their flavor is similar to the pungent spice of watercress and has a texture similar to spinach. They can be used raw in salads to add a splash of peppery flavor, or to lessen the bite, you can also quickly boil them or sauté them. The mountain folk lore touting the greens as a longevity elixir is warranted: they are extremely rich in vitamin A and vitamin C -more so than broccoli. Check out this article
to find out more about them and how to make them into delicious creasy greens and sweet potato cakes.
Thanks for all your support.
-Tom & the 4P Foods Team
You can expect some or all (weather pending) of the following this week:
- Bunched White Scallions (Certified Organic) - Shady Hollow Farm, Cochranville, PA
- Fresh Turmeric (Certified Organic) - Spade and Clover Farm, Johns Island, SC
- Garnet Sweet Potatoes (Certified Organic) - Triple J Organics, Sims, NC
- GoldRush Apples (IPM) - Kauffman's Fruit Farm, Bird In Hand, PA
- Large Red Grapefruit (Certified Organic) - Uncle Matt's Organics, Clermont, FL
- Organic Berry Jam (Assorted Flavors) - Oakview Acres, Strasburg, PA
- Red Chard (Certified Organic) - Bryson Family Farms, LaBelle, FL
- Truss Tomatoes (Certified Organic) - Sunburst Tomato, Nashville, NC
- Upland Cress (Creasy Greens) - Kirby Farms, Mechanicsville, VA
+Eggs (Half Dozen or Dozen available with Protein or Dairy Share Only) from Whiffletree Farm.
- 100% Grassfed Beef Stew Meat - Sunrise Farms, Stuarts Draft, VA
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (Certified Organic & Humane) - Shenandoah Valley Organics, Harrisonburg, VA
- Classic Pork Sausage Links - Clark's Old Peach Tree Farm, Sperryville, VA
- Pastured Bison Ground Chuck - Cibola Farms, Culpeper, VA
- Pastured Pork Chops - Whiffletree Farm, Warrenton, VA
- Half Gallon Whole Milk - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
- Lowfat and Nonfat Available as Swappable Items
- Farmstead Monocacy Ash Goat Cheese - Cherry Glen Farm, Boyds, MD
- Organic Baby Swiss Cow Milk Cheese - Hope Springs Farm, East Earl, PA
- Quart Chocolate Milk - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
- Organic, Raw Meadow Jack Cheese - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
- Organic Lowfat Yogurt Smoothies - Trickling Springs Creamery, Chambersburg, PA
- Unsweetened Plain Available as Swappable Items
Peas and love,
The 4P Foods Team