Jehovah's Witnesses and Mind Control (Thought Reform)
Are well meaning but deeply misled people knocking on your front door?
Re-posted on December 11, 2014 with scripture reference correction.
December 10, 2014
Just a few hours ago my wife and I lovingly tried to persuade two long-time Jehovah’s Witnesses that they need to re-examine their beliefs.
- Please pray for this couple. We love them for Christ's sake, we have told them the truth, and we want them to see them in heaven with the real Jesus.
The individuals we spoke to were very nice, as they usually are. One of them has persistently been trying to get my wife to meet with her. So I joined them, and we met together as couples, just the four of us. We did not meet with them in our
home, and we did not encourage their dissemination of false teachings. We met with them for an hour-and-a-half for the purpose of trying to get them to "think for themselves" - aside from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society beliefs that they have been steeped in for decades.
Pray for them to be set free from a counterfeit Christ
Please do join us in praying for this couple, that their minds would be open to the truth as it is in the real, bodily resurrected
, Jesus of Nazareth. We are praying also that they would once-and-for-all reject the re-defined, re-created,
“Michael the Archangel - Jesus” that was allegedly a gaseous substance that was formed/created into an “angel". This is the Jehovah's Witnesses idea of "resurrection"? Yes! Clearly then, the Jehovah's Witness "Jesus" is not the biblical
Jesus of Nazareth that rose bodily from the tomb, but a complete fraud!
The Bible is clear on what type of “angel” the Jehovah’s Witnesses Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has produced:
The Watchtower has a proven track record as a false prophet
- “I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a [qualitatively] different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other [qualitatively different] gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed [eternally damned].” (Galatians 1:6-9)
My wife and I provided irrefutable evidence to this couple that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is indeed a “False Prophet.” Their own literature proves this as they have made numerous false prophecies and set dates numerous times:
- "So does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197)
Here are numerous dates they have set
(prophecies) for various failed events, with their correlating publications:
Mind Control / Thought Reform
- 1897 (Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 4, p. 621).
- 1899 (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101).
- 1916 (The Time Is at Hand, forward, p. ii).
- 1918 (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).
- 1922 (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).
- 1923 (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).
- 1925 (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).
- 1925 (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).
- 1926 (Watchtower, p. 232).
- 1931 (Vindication, p. 338).
- 1941 (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
- 1968 (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).
- 1968 (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).
After these individuals each shared how they became Jehovah’s Witnesses, they clearly displayed in practice what many in the Jehovah’s Witness / Watchtower organization have fallen prey to, and even have been destroyed by - mind control/thought reform.
Unfortunately, one of these people is a former
Southern Baptist. The other individual has been convinced since childhood (approximately since 1922) that the Jehovah’s Witnesses “are the truth.” We were told, “From the moment Gram [Grandma] heard it, she knew it was the truth.”
In just one-hour this couple displayed the fruit of being subjected to at least six (if not seven) of these following EIGHT methods of COMMUNIST MIND CONTROL:
- (1) Milieu Control, (2) Mystical Manipulation, (3) Demand for Purity, (4) Confession, (5) Sacred Science, (6) Loading the Language, (7) Doctrine over person, (8) Dispensing of existence (Source: Robert J. Lifton’s "Eight Criteria for Thought Reform”, Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of "Brainwashing" in China (the psychology of brainwashing and mind control).
All of these ‘Thought Reform’ methods have been used upon this well-meaning couple, through the organization they have trusted in, and through the literature and concepts they have been "brainwashed" by.
Generally speaking, if Jehovah’s Witnesses come to your own front door
, they will bring with them copies of their own New World Translation
of the Bible. This alleged “translation” utterly destroys the biblical text to no end. It also seeks to undo historic Christian theology. Jehovah's Witnesses also will present to you magazines that are rife with false doctrine and subliminal occult (and mirror) images (Watchtower Magazine
, and Awake
Mind Control / Thought Reform
In our time together, this couple expressed the following. They:
Jehovah's Witnesses twisting and perverting biblical theology?
- (1) Refused to examine the evidence of Watchtower false prophecies, declaring, “The past doesn’t matter!”
- (2) Redefined biblical terminology into Cult teachings that destroy the biblical text and the essential teachings of the Christian Faith.
- (3) Claimed that their church is “the only true church” and that one must belong to the Watchtower/Jehovah’s Witnesses organization.
- (3) Defended numerous widely refuted glaring mistakes that their “organization” has sought to cover and and do damage control with.
- (4) Considered their own "Watchtower” teachings as the ultimate truth.
- (5) Refused to further discuss Beth Sarim, which “Bro. Judge Rutherford” built in San Diego in 1929, so “Abraham, Isaac and Jacob” could return to earth and rule there at “The House of Princes.” (Note: "Bro. Rutherford" lived in luxury at Beth Sarim, instead of “Abraham, Isaac and Jacob” who failed to return to earth. Rutherford then died as an alcoholic. Beth Sarim was later sold and Jehovah’s Witnesses to this day avoid this topic like it’s the plague. Most don’t know about it, but they should. (See photos here at Wikipedia.)
Throughout our conversation this couple expressed blatant
rejection of doctrines that have been taught by the historic Christian church for nearly 2000 years:
Don't want to born-again and go to heaven?
- Triune Nature of the Godhead (Three Divine Persons, yet one God - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit)
- The Deity/Divine nature of Jesus Christ.
- The Deity/Divine Nature of the Holy Spirit.
- The literal “bodily” Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The reality of literal place of everlasting punishment/torment and eternal separation from God.
These people both declared that:
- They do not want to be “born-again.” (Note: We showed them from John 3:1-5 that Jesus Christ Himself said one “must be born again to see the Kingdom of God.” These people flat-out reject Jesus' offer to be born of His Spirit and "see the Kingdom of God.”
- They do not want to go to heaven, but rather just stay here on earth.
These people have spent most of their lives proclaiming the Jehovah's Witnesses false gospel and false Christ. This is the fruit of what they have believed all these years - the denial of and perversion of the biblical Jesus and the biblical Gospel.
How can they believe this?
They can and do believe this because they have chosen
to believe and trust in Cultic re-definitions of biblical terms that the Watchtower organization and its "members" have foisted upon them.
Subliminal occult and satanic mirror images?
On top of all of this, they refused to examine over 40 pages
of subliminal occult images and satanic mirror images that I presented to them, images THAT CAME DIRECTLY OUT OF THEIR OWN WATCHTOWER LITERATURE and CHILDREN’S BIBLE STORY BOOK.
Jesus Christ, according to Charles Taze Russell
Charles Taze Russell, the founder and first president of the Society
The physical bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
- “....the man Jesus is dead, forever dead....” (Charles Taze Russell, Studies in the Scriptures, vol.5, 1899, p.454.)
- (Note: Charles Taze Russell started the The International Dawn Bible Students, as a splinter group, before Judge Rutherford renamed the organization to Jehovah’s Witnesses, after Russell died.)
Contrary to false teachings on the resurrection produced by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Paul the apostle said:
The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has "another Jesus, a different spirit, and a different gospel"
- “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.” (1 Corinthians 15:1-8)
Clearly the Jehovah’s Witnesses have “another [qualitatively different] Jesus, a [qualitatively] different spirit, and a [qualitatively] different gospel. Paul the apostle warned :
The Bible warns us about false prophets like the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
- “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” (2 Corinthians 11:3-4)
Jesus warned about false prophets nearly two-thousand years ago:
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try [test] the spirits whether they are of God
- “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” (Matthew 24:24)
Altogether, this former
Southern Baptist and spouse would have been far better off many years ago testing what the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society both said and did. The were recognized as false prophets back then! Instead of listening to family members who simply say things like, “From the moment Gram [Grandma] heard it, she knew it was the truth”, this couple should flee from the Watchtower and run to the Risen Christ Jesus.
The Apostle John warned:
Educate yourself so that the Cults don't prey upon you, your family, and your friends
Host a SRN Biblical Discernment Seminar on Counter-cult Evangelism and The Do's and Dont's of Witnessing to the Cults
- “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (1 John 4:1)
Thank you for praying for this couple as the Lord leads, and thank you to all who help us lead others out of abuse and spiritual deception.
Chris Lawson, Director
- Click here and visit our contact page to book an event.
Spiritual Research Network
Main Site & New SRN website, Support SRN