A Taste of Oakville - CHCH On Location Morning Show Opportunity
We are going to be featured on CHCH on January 25th on their CHCH morning show ‘On Location’ segments to highlight the A Taste of Oakville.
This will be PRE-TAPED on JANUARY 22, starting at 9:30am (exact filming time will vary per restaurant – see below).
The BIA is in search of three (3) participating restaurants of A Taste of Oakville to participate in a two (2) minute segment (each) highlighting your restaurant for the On Location morning show filming on January 22nd from 10:00am-noon at Kensington Kitchen and Bath, 104 Reynolds Street.
This is an great opportunity to feature your restaurant and a dish of your choosing on CHCH.
For interested restaurants, details are as follows:
- Filming will take place at Kensington Kitchen and Bath. CHCH crew cannot move from location to location, so this was selected as a perfect place to feature food, with their beautiful kitchen backdrops, and as a neutral location for multiple restaurants to jointly showcase in. Our many thanks to Kensington Kitchen and Bath for providing their space!! Please note, CHCH has changed their operations, so the filming will NOT BE LIVE as in the past.
- You will be featured for approximately 2 minutes, interacting with the host speaking about your dish and restaurant. You may have yourself, chef, manager, etc as your representative (your choice). You may also have your chef cooking and someone else as the speaking representative (max two representatives per restaurant).
- Showcase either preparation of a dish, plating of a dish, or special ingredients within your dish (it’s your choice) (cooking and/or plating on-air makes for the best TV for the viewers). An example of what your segment might look like: Start by showcasing a particular portion of preparation of a dish, then move to near complete dish and put the finishing touches on the plate to present to camera.
- Bring a completed dish to feature and possibly share with the host during the filming. We understand that making a dish off site isn’t easy and the quality isn’t ideal; the host is aware of this difficulty and will behave accordingly (i.e. we know we might have to 'fake' some things, reheat in microwaves, eat colder food, etc - the host will fake it and the audience will be none the wiser).
- Arrive 30 minutes before your segment begins. We are waiting on exact segment times and will let you know when we receive them. Segment tapings scattered throughout the 10:00am - noon timeframe, so the earliest arrivals should be there by 9:30am.
Please respond by noon on Friday, January 15th to Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate or for questions.
- Be prepared to cook/plate in make-shift conditions (i.e. over hot plates, using warming/chafing dishes, microwaves etc.) So your food should be primarily prepared off site, with the on-air segment being just the finishing touches (heating pasta and sauce, pan searing fish, etc). The BIA will provide a hotplate and cutting board. Please bring any other preparation and plating items you require (pots/pans, knives, bowls, serving utensils, etc)
If we have more than 3 restaurants interested in participating, we will draw names from a hat.
Administrative and Membership Coordinator
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)