TD Songs of Summer - Logistics
August 14, 2017
Dear BIA members,
The official countdown is on for our 1st Annual TD Songs of Summer
happening on this Saturday August 19th from 10am - 11pm.
For more information and schedule, please see our website: http://oakvilledowntown.com/event/td-songs-summer/
For those of you who have registered as participating, you would have received your acceptance package with your confirmed location and details, including your BIA-issued permit last Friday. If you have not yet received this, please contact Adina at the number below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SET UP, ROAD CLOSURES AND TEAR DOWN
Set-Up & Facilities
- ROADS CLOSE at 7am. All cars must be moved off of Lakeshore Road East and all adjacent side streets by this time.
- Staff vehicles must also be moved by this time
- Specific areas will be used for staging for production/entertainment
- Tip- Please respect these spaces and keep items clear to help the flow of the setup and activity on the street to make it easier for everyone
- Set-up may begin no earlier than 8:00am, any time prior will be at risk for fines by the Town of Oakville
- If the contents of your booth requires a vehicle, please ensure drop off happens before 7am when roads close. Ensure your belongings are stored safely and neatly on the curb until which time set up occurs at 8am.
- Please set up only in your designated area (as indicated on your participation form and at the designated time)
- Tip- Please leave 5 feet from your building to the edge of the sidewalk for patrons to walk by and all wiring must be taped down and covered to ensure safety and prevent tripping
- Extra washrooms will be located in parking spaces on side streets and garbage facilities will be on hand throughout the area
- The BIA office will be manned during the event to take your calls
- Calls will be prioritized and responded to in that sequence
- Please keep in mind that we have a limited staff and volunteers, we will respond as quickly as possible
- Halton Region Police and Saint John’s Ambulance will be in attendance
- Volunteers will be supporting production, attendees and BIA office/event logistics
- Teardown may begin at 11pm and should be completed by 11:10/11:15pm as the street sweeper is coming through thereafter.
- All items pertaining to the event must be removed from the street by 11:15pm or are at risk for receiving a fine from the Town of Oakville
- Tear-down items include: tables, tents, shopping bags, garbage, food displays, retail items, decorations etc.
- The street is to look as it does pre-event
- Tip – If we all clean our own area we can quickly complete the tear-down to achieve the following
- Ensure we are ready for the street to reopen
- Keep the street beautiful for Sunday customers
- The event will proceed rain or shine
- We must cancel all acts if there is lightening
- All tents must be weighed down safely with weights, water bags or sand (the Town will be checking the safety of tents and if they are not properly secured you may be asked to take your tent down)
- Set ups with BBQs must have fire extinguisher near BBQ - this must be separate from your store/restaurant extinguisher (ie. can't move inside extinguisher)
- Food vendors must comply with the Region's Health Department regulations.
- Sidewalks must have 5 feet width of clear walkway
- Contact Police at the first sign of potential crowd management/behaviour issues
Please let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing everyone bright and early on Saturday!
Adina, Susan, Brittany, Paige & Milan
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)