Town of Oakville Growth Strategies Workshop
Dear BIA members,
The town is completing a Growth Area Review, which includes Downtown Oakville, to look at possible changes to the land use policies such as density, building height, etc. and is hosting a workshop on Thursday March 31, 7-9pm, at the Oakville Arena, to gather input. Please see the below invitation from the Town of Oakville.
The workshop may be of particular interest to property owners within Downtown Oakville.
Questions and RSVP should be directed to the town via Carly Dodds, Planner, at email@example.com or 905-845-6601, ext. 3264
Administrative and Membership Coordinator
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)
From the Town of Oakville:
Dear Downtown Property Owners and Businesses:
You are invited to attend…
Downtown Oakville Growth Area Review
Thursday, March 31, 2016
7 - 9 p.m.
Oakville Arena, Kinsmen Pine Room
133 Rebecca Street
Space is limited. Registration is required.
Changes to the land use policies in the Livable Oakville Plan
that apply to Downtown Oakville are being considered as part of the Downtown Oakville Growth Area Review. The primary purpose of this workshop is to obtain feedback on the potential to accommodate more residents and jobs within Downtown Oakville in the long term. A 3-D computer model will be used to illustrate conceptual redevelopment opportunities with building heights of 4 storeys and more.
To register, please contact Carly Dodds, Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 905-845-6601, ext. 3264, as soon as possible. Please provide the name, email address, and organization of each person to be registered.
Stay informed! Join our (Town of Oakville's) Plan Oakville email list.
- The Planning Services department is leading the ongoing Official Plan Review, which will recommend updates to the land use policies that apply town-wide to accommodate growth and change to the year 2041.
- The Downtown Oakville Growth Area Review – a component of the broader Official Plan Review – is a study of the land use policies that apply to Downtown Oakville.
- The people who live and work within Downtown Oakville are a key component of the area’s long-term economic stability.
- An open house held on November 23, 2015, presented draft policy directions for Downtown Oakville.
- For more information, including the November open house materials, visit the Downtown Oakville Growth Area Review web page.
- This project is separate from, but related to, the Downtown Plan, which includes the Downtown Cultural Hub Study and the Downtown Transportation and Streetscape Study.
for more information and to join our email list to receive updates about Official Plan Review projects, including the Downtown Oakville Growth Area Review.