Do you want a Fashion Event in Downtown Oakville?
Dear BIA members,
The BIA needs to hear from you to help us plan a new event for spring. Please read the description below and share your ideas via a short survey
or link below)
Event concept – Fashion Week
An event to showcase the amazing fashions we have downtown for people and the home (clothing, jewelry, footwear, beauty products, home furnishings, home accessories, etc), with many opportunities for all types of businesses
to get involved
What is Fashion Week in Downtown Oakville?
A series of in-store
mini-events spread throughout one week whereby you showcase your upcoming summer lines, style trends, new products, services, etc., either on your own or in collaboration with other businesses.
These in-store events will allow the customer to have first looks at your upcoming lines and new trends in an intimate setting. The event is designed to encourage people into
businesses where they can see your product up close and personal. The Downtown Oakville BIA will offer a variety of support for these mini-events as well as promote the week and highlight all the mini-events that are happening Downtown.
When will Fashion Week occur?
We want your feedback on the right timing of this event – please complete the short survey
or on link below)
How can your business get involved in Fashion Week?
- Host a fashion show (fashions to wear or fashions for the home) in your business (independently or in partnership with other businesses in Downtown (partnerships are encouraged and a great way for all businesses to have their product seen. It can be as straightforward as clothing, footwear, and accessories, but also housewares/furnishings/accessories providing décor at a fashion show, flowers or home scents at a home furnishings show, salons providing styling/make-up, restaurants catering, etc)
- Host a product launch in your business (we again encourage you to consider partnership opportunities with your fellow businesses)
- Request live models for your windows (BIA to provide models at select times)
- Lead a seminar or host a speaker about a product or trend in your industry
- DIY Workshops and style lessons (i.e. how to set the perfect table for a Summer BBQ or 6 ways to wear a summer scarf)
- Offer your space to host any of the above
- The options are almost endless – we are open to your ideas
This is a great opportunity to build brand awareness for your business and try something for the first time, be creative and bring new customers into your store.
How will the BIA support the event?
The BIA will provide assistance in many ways to help with your mini-events:
Want to get involved but not sure how?
- Provide models to help with your fashion show and/or live window displays (some limitations apply)
- Help to connect businesses looking to partner
- Help you with the concept of your mini-event
- Lead a marketing campaign to draw awareness to the week and individual events
Give us a call at 905-844-4520 ext. 14 or drop by the BIA office. We’d love to chat about ways to get involved! All businesses are welcome and we are open to all suggestions on how your business can be involved with a fashion event.
Please share your ideas and timing preferences by completing the very short survey
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)
phone: 905-844-4520 (x.14)
Date: January 25, 2018