Minimum Wage Increase - Member Feedback
June 14, 2017
Good Morning, Members
The OBIAA (Ontario Business Improvement Area Association) has sent out this brief survey to receive member feedback across the province on the upcoming increase to the minimum wage and employment conditions.
As a brief recap, "the recommendations include:
- Raising Ontario's general minimum wage to $14 per hour on January 1, 2018, and then to $15 on January 1, 2019, followed by annual increases at the rate of inflation
- Mandating equal pay for part-time, temporary, casual and seasonal employees doing the same job as full-time employees; and equal pay for temporary help agency employees doing the same job as permanent employees at the agencies' client companies
- Expanding personal emergency leave to include an across-the-board minimum of at least two paid days per year for all workers
- Ensuring at least three weeks' vacation after five years with a company
- Updating employee scheduling rules, including requiring employees to be paid for three hours of work if their shift is cancelled within 48 hours of its scheduled start time.
The Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA) would like to understand how you feel this may affect your business, so that we are able to communicate these concerns and inform the Government from your point of view".
To access the survey, please CLICK HERE
or follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5R9SL6R
Thanking you in advance for your participation.
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)