Halton Region: change in garbage and recycle services
Dear BIA members,
Halton Region Council approved a wheeled cart service for Tuesday and Friday collection of garbage and recyclable material beginning the week of May 2, 2016.
What does this mean for my business?
- Waste collection for the BIA area from Halton Region is changing to a Wheeled Cart program. Wheeled carts will provide more capacity for waste material, minimize litter and assist in keeping waste set-out areas tidy and clean by automatically/mechanically lifting and emptying waste into the collection vehicle. There is no cost to the Business Improvement Area and members to purchase and utilize the wheeled cart.
What steps does my business need to take?
- Wheeled cars will replace garbage bags, garbage cans/containers and blue boxes currently used for waste collection services in the Business Improvement Area
- The new collection services will not impact your current collection schedule
Halton Region will be delivering wheeled carts to BIA members during the month of April 2016. If carts do not work for your business, Halton Region will work with you to find alternate solutions.
- Each business is required to register for a wheeled cart through an online form at www.halton.ca/BIAwaste or call Access Halton by dialing 311. The online application form will used to confirm collection addresses and to determine sizing of carts for each location.
- Applications are due no later than January 31, 2016. After this date, you will be contacted by Halton Region directly.
- All BIA members will be able to request the size of wheeled cart for garbage and recycle (360 Litre, 240 Litre, 120 Litre).
To provide further information and respond to any questions or concerns, a webinar is available from Halton Region on January 21, 2016; 3:00 to 4 p.m. Please dial 311 to register.
Waste Management staff will be holding open houses in each Local Municipality for BIA members to see the wheeled carts and ask any questions they have on January 21, 2016 from 6:00pm-8:30pm at Quantum Sutton Realty, 260 Lakeshore Road East.
Our thanks to Quantum Sutton Realty for providing hosting space for this event.
A letter from Halton Region and Frequently Asked Question (FAQ’s) can be found on our website at http://oakvilledowntown.com/member_categories/resources/.
For questions please contact Halton Region directly by dialing 311 or email them at email@example.com
Administrative and Membership Coordinator
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)