Midnight Madness Event Information 2018
Dear BIA members,
Midnight Madness is quickly approaching on Friday, July 13, 2018.
For those of you who have registered as participating, you would have received your acceptance package with your confirmed location and details, including your BIA-issued permit. If you have not yet received this, please contact the number below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to share with your customers and clients, we have included (at the bottom of this email)
event images sized for Facebook and Instagram posts. Please download by clicking the link and share with your followers.
Midnight Madness Logistics
- Parking meters will be bagged starting at 1 p.m. Your customers can continue to park until the road closes.
- All cars must be moved off of Lakeshore Road East by 3:30 p.m.
- Tip- Please be sure to communicate this to your customers in case they have been downtown since before 1 p.m.
- Staff vehicles must also be moved by 3:30 p.m. from the mapped area
- Specific areas will be used for staging for production/entertainment
- Tip- Please respect these spaces and keep items clear to help the flow of the setup and activity on the street to make it easier for everyone
- Set-up on the road may begin no earlier than 4:30 p.m., any time prior will be at risk for fines by the Town of Oakville
- Please set up only in your designated area (as indicated on your participation form and at the designated time)
- Tip- Please leave 5 feet from your building to the edge of the sidewalk for patrons to walk by and all wiring must be taped down and covered to ensure safety and prevent tripping
- Extra washrooms will be located in parking spaces on side streets and garbage facilities will be on hand throughout the area
- The BIA office will be manned during the event to take your calls
- Calls will be prioritized and responded to in that sequence
- Please keep in mind that we have a limited staff and volunteers, we will respond as quickly as possible
- Halton Region Police and Saint John’s Ambulance will be in attendance
- Volunteers will be supporting production, attendees and BIA office/event logistics
- Teardown may begin at midnight and completed by 1 a.m.
- All items pertaining to the event must be removed from the street by 1 a.m. or are at risk for receiving a fine from the Town of Oakville
- Tear-down items include: tables, tents, shopping bags, garbage, food displays, retail items, decorations etc.
- The street is to look as it does prior to the event
- Tip – If we all clean our own area we can quickly complete the tear-down to achieve the following
- Ensure we are ready for the street to reopen
- Business can continue without the impact from the event
- Keep the street beautiful for Saturday customers
- The night will proceed rain or shine
- We must cancel all acts if there is lightening
- Tip – Any event updates/changes will happening via social media and/or email
- All tents must be weighed down safely with weights, water bags or sand (the Town will be checking the safety of tents and if they are not properly secured you may be asked to take your tent down)
- Set ups with BBQs must have fire extinguisher near BBQ - this must be separate from your store/restaurant extinguisher (ie. can't move inside extinguisher)
- Food vendors must comply with the Region's Health Department regulations.
- Sidewalks must have 5 feet width of clear walkway
- Contact Police at the first sign of potential crowd management/behaviour issues
Please click the links to download:
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)
Date: July 10, 2018